Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Maryland’s Own Anthony Weiner?

Twitter-addicted political junkies got a surprise last night when State Sen. Catherine Pugh's account published the following:

@PughforMayor: Mmm mmm good looking men here (@ Martin's West w/ 4 others) http://4sq.com/mHPlKY

Pugh, a candidate for mayor who was attending the Associated Black Charities gala, says she did not send the tweet-- and she did not even have her phone with her.

"I don't know why anyone would want to do that to me," she said. "It's not even my kind of terminology. I don't speak that way."

The tweet was sent using Foursquare, an app that allows users to record their location. That means whoever sent the tweet had to have been logged into Pugh's Foursquare account and been at or near Martin's West.

READ MORE …

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She may not have sent it , however , I can't imagine her being without a phone.

Anonymous said...

Not to defend her, but that is a lot different than sending pictures of your erect weinee to a 17 year old girl.

Anonymous said...

I just can not imagine a politician lying!

Anonymous said...

I call BS!! Didnt have her phone with her..Yeah Right..and behind closed doors..I bet even talk like that..Give me a break