Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pork In The Park Competition Heats Up This Weekend

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) -- If you're done doing your taxes and hungry for barbecue, you might want to head to Salisbury this weekend.

That's where the Pork in the Park BBQ festival is being held at Winterplace Park. Organizers say 142 teams turned out last year to vie for $19,000 in prizes. They say that makes it the second largest festival sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society in the nation.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am VERY disappointed with some of the vendors this year! I went last night to get dinner for the family and it just seems like there isn't much of a variety of "bbq food" as there has been in past years. Most of all I was dissapointed witht the vendor from Florida. After hearing all of the hype about them I was anxious to try them out and was shocked when I saw the menu (or lack of one)! A lot was covered up with duct tape and the only meat listed was rib sandwich and pulled pork. I inquired about other meats such a chicken, brisket, ham, etc. and they said they would be serving brisket at some point of the weekend, but it wasn't ready and THEY WERE OUT OF CHICKEN!!! Brisket not being ready can be gotten around (I guess), but how can you be out of chicken the first night????? I wound up going to the Hess vendor to get dinner and it was great!!!

Anonymous said...

I looks like the call center is chargeing $10.00 to park in their parking lot, they pulled a old motorhome in the entrance and taped off the parking area!

Anonymous said...

Been there the last three years and still haven't found the BBQ.

Anonymous said...

Time to let this festival rest for awhile. Maybe bring it back every couple of years, things last year were not good in many ways. Food either cold or not cooked well. I will not be attending nor will any of my family.

plenty of pork in the park said...

went there and almost vomited my meal after i saw ex booze inspector greg rickards riding around the area on a golfcart with a cigarette stuck in the middle of his mouth all decked out in park police attire. boy what a waste of taxdollars this is since the wico sheriffs were there in full force.