Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Make The Telemarketer Repeat Themselves A Zillion Times Until They Hang Up

Now this is how you mess with a telemarketer. Reader areaman in the comments on "Annoy Telemarketers Into Leaving You Alone" pointed out this clip of comedian Jim Florentine taking on one of those debt consolidation companies. She keeps trying to read through her pitch and he keeps insisting that there was a part in it he didn't hear and makes her go over it again and again. "No, no, before that," is his constant refrain. She tries to soldier on but eventually hangs up in frustration. Classic.

More »

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell them the homeowner is away for the weekend and i am robbing their house.

Anonymous said...

I let my son talk to them about what ever he wants and he "LOVES" when he gets a phone call!

Anonymous said...

I always tell them, let me go get him/her, lay the phone down, and wait for them to hang up.

The JOKER said...

I always answer in a goofy manner; caller ID lets you know who is calling and than I hang up. I had one guy who kept calling me back and each time I answered as If Chinese, a woman's voice, a child's voice, and on and this dude was getting Pis_ _, and after several calls to my home he stopped calling; it was funny. Yeah, I agree when they call play a prank on them and they will stop messing with you.

Anonymous said...

a can air horn works the best I have never had a repeat caller