Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 28, 2011

TODAY'S BIG CONTEST WINNER IS.............

On behalf of Fernando Guerrero, Hal Chernoff and the Main Street Gym, Salisbury News would like to congratulate Cathy as the winner of the two FREE Fernando Guerrero Tickets to the big fight on February 18th. Cathy answered the question correctly within 2 minutes of the Post going up!

Folks, we had more than 88 comments on that Post while people were registering left and right to comment with their answer. We want to thank ALL of you for going to Google and finally registering your names. Between the Tee Shirt Post and the Ticket Giveaway Post we had more than 120 new people register with Google today.

Salisbury News wanted to clean up the comments so everyone could enjoy visiting this Site all together. The only people who became upset over this new rule of registered comments were those who don't belong commenting here anyway.

If you have not registered with Google, take a minute to do so and get back on board with comments. We enjoy your participation and opinion. GO HERE to register with Google and be prepared for several more contests in the very near future.

Cathy, please contact me at alberobutzo@wmconnect.com to make arrangements with your tickets and once again, Congratulations.

I SHOULD ADD: There was an additional 37 people who e-mailed me directly with their answer. If you'll go back to the original Post you'll clearly see we stated your answer had to be on that Post and NOT in an e-mail. Nevertheless, Cathy still beat out everyone with her answer anyway.

Answer: Why did the O-rings fail? On the day of the shuttle Challenger's launch, icicles draped structures at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The unusually cold weather, beyond the tolerances for which the rubber seals were approved, most likely caused the O-ring failure.

3 comments:

Ron Brawl said...

Congrats Cathy!

*
Someone told me I had won, but:
1. I don't think I am eligible nor should I be
2. My comments go straight through since I am a contributor
3. If I did, I would have declined them

To those that saw my comment up first and thought I won, I didn't. I wasn't even close to having mine in first- it just appeared first because my comments don't go through the same filter as non-contributors.

I apologize for any confusion.

Enjoy the fights Cathy!

Cathy said...

omg that's so funny because when i saw your post up i was like darn it (<---- maybe not THAT nice). i just knew i had to be first. i stalking the blog for that post LOL

thanks!

ravenfan said...

good luck