Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Alan Hope IS A Special Interest

Urban Salisbury recently hosted yet another forum proposing business owners and property owners in the Downtown area to put up security cameras to keep an eye on the Downtown area.

Guess what, not only wasn't I invited as Press, I wasn't invited as a vested property owner in the Downtown area. Why, because I stand up to  people I believe are doing NOTHING and taking advantage of the Taxpayers of Salisbury. Some wonder WHY there's this distance between me and some of these groups in Salisbury, now you know why. If I'm not going to be invited, YOU have something to HIDE!

The funny part is, I do believe that IF a property owner wants to invest into purchasing a camera system, go for it! In fact, after my building was tagged with graffiti several weeks ago I spoke directly with Chief Duncan about this very topic and encouraged her to move forward with such a concept.

Salisbury should NOT be divided by special groups. Every single property owner should have been contacted and the Chamber of Commerce should also take part in some of that blame. Unfortunately, not much has changed in the City of Salisbury politics.

1 comment:

J.A. DiCarlo said...

Joe,
You gotta get on the Urban Salisbury e-mail list. I got like 2 or 3 invites to that event. I'm sure you would've been welcomed.

PS. Allan is spelled with 2 "L's