Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 03, 2010

Giving Back

Dear Joe:

I'm writing to you not because I need to get the word out about something, but because this saturday there are a group of people getting together to give back, and it just seemed like the kind of thing you'd like to know. 

I don't know if you've heard of Help-Portrait, but it's an event started by a fairly well-known photographer named Jeremy Cowart. You can read more about it here:

Anyway, Saturday from 9-4, at least 8 local professional photographers, plus a bunch of other people who just want to help, are setting up in the HALO space in south Salisbury to give photos to the underprivileged. I'm really grateful for all the people that are getting involved, and I didn't know if it's the kind of "feel good" story you'd like to cover. 

That's all! 
Happy Holidays. 

Laura Dye
--
photographer
www.lauradye.com
330.417.8410

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I have worked with Laura and she is a wonderful photographer. Merry Christmas!

Kim Heath

Anonymous said...

What Kim said. I used to work with her, too, and she is a very talented young lady.