Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 10, 2010

Gas Prices

Hi Joe,

I just saw your article on the high gas prices. Just something I found out about a week ago. I don’t know the entire deal, but when you buy groceries from Giant, you are given points. When your points are high enough, which does not take long at all, you get a 10, 20 or 30 cent credit at any Shell station by presenting your Giant Card – you know the card you scan whenever you shop. I had to get gas quickly at the Shell station down in Princess Anne, and though it was posted as $2.89 at the pump, when I presented my Giant swipe card, it took off the 20 cents – so I only paid $2.69 per gallon. Not bad. The lady at the station did say that they may not be doing this after Christmas – so now is the time to get it.

Hope this helps your readers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome system. When it first started, I had almost 500 points on my card which led to me getting at least 40 cents off each gallon. Giant doesn't always carry everything I need, so I still go to SuperFresh ... but I always stop by Giant first to see if I can rack those points up!

Anonymous said...

Obama wants to tax gas more.

Anonymous said...

If you can afford to shop at Giant, you can afford expensive gas.

Anonymous said...

blame yourselves for buying that huge suv for your wife to ride around town to get groceries in.

Anonymous said...

today the price of hi test gas in salisbury is $3.16 at taylor oil on isabella str. thanks sjd

Anonymous said...

My wife and kids will be much safer in that huge suv.

Anonymous said...

3:14, dummy,

Minivans are safer than suv's and until recent years were better on gas. try again.

Anonymous said...

i love my huge SUV

Orsonwells said...

You just prepaid the per gallon price at Giant by paying their upscale grocery prices.I only go there to get fresh meat, the rest I go to wal mart or Food Lion.

Then, the north Salisbury Shell no speaka da english and can't figure out to redeem your points, so by the time you need a fillup again, your 30 day points have expired.

Just pay a straight price for your purchases, and forget about points, coupons, cards, credits, sales, and all the other hogwash.