Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Four Years Ago Today

It was four years ago today when Joe Ollinger stood up and spoke for the absent Ron Alessi in a candidate forum. This was a big problem for me and continues to be today. If a candidate cannot be present, NO ONE should speak on behalf of the candidate. This was an issue recently at a forum last week. Mike Calpino and Stevie Prettyman were not present for the forum, yet the FOP read statements from both of them at the very end. My main issue with this is, the candidate gets to say whatever they want through a letter but are not subjected to any questions from the public.

Today, Ollinger is running for County Executive, instead of Alessi. The difference between the two, nothing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Ehrlich is sending a rep. to that LORA event -- and what about Harris. But that's OK, right?

J.Albero said...

Th LORA event is a meet and greet, not a forum.

Anonymous said...

Joe:

They also read a letter from Matt Holloway at that event at the Elks last week. Thought you were there.

J.Albero said...

anonymous 9:25, I missed that but I'll trust you are correct. I don't care who the candidate is, it's wrong to read a statement from a candidate.

Anonymous said...

Actually, when that moderator from SU read Ms. Prettyman's statement he revealed that he has no idea of who is on the Council -- he called her "Steve" amd "Mr." Prettyman -- and he theaches poly-sci there, I think.

Anonymous said...

Well 10:39 I guess when you are such a coward not to face the music then you get what you get. I agree with Joe if they do not make it then they should not reap anything from it. In that setting. It is not fair to those who took the time to be there.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Its like banging a deadhorse over and over again. Its not like there wasn't a slot available.