Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Andy Harris For Congress Newsletter

22 DAYS AND COUNTING!

We are down to the final three weeks until Election Day and momentum is picking up! After a great fundraising quarter and a lead in the polls, we have an opportunity to keep up the momentum through election night!
         
This is all despite the smear campaign Frank Kratovil continues to run against me. Even the media called these ads “misleading” and “false” attacks. Let’s set the record straight – I’ve never once voted to increase taxes in 12 years as a State Senator and I promise to keep that pledge when elected to Congress.

We Have the Momentum
Two polls were released last week. The Hill showed me with a 3-point lead and leading Kratovil among likely voters, 43 percent to 40 percent, with 15 percent still undecided. The NRCC also released a poll showing me leading my opponent 43 percent to 39 percent. This is great news, and I’m counting on everyone to come out to the polls and make it count!

I’d like to thank everyone for the very successful fundraising quarter we had! We raised over a half million dollars in the third quarter FEC fundraising period. The overwhelming majority of the funds have come from individuals who understand the importance of this election. Thank you to all of my contributors – because of you we are on our way to victory!

The Endorsements Continue to Pour In
I was endorsed recently by Trust in Small Business (TISB). I received an “A” rating based on my fundamental faith in the free enterprise system. I also received an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association (NRA), calling me a “solidly pro-gun candidate.” In addition, I got the same top rating and an endorsement from Gun Owners of America, recognizing my "unwavering support of the rights of gun owners." I’m glad to have the support of those working to uphold the Second Amendment and small business rights and will continue to fight to uphold their rights if elected to Congress.

Andy Around Town and in the MediaI’ve been busy campaigning across the District. I walked in the Hurlock Fall Festival Parade and the Perryville Autumn Fest Parade.  Last Wednesday, I visited Pepsi-Cola’s Safety Day in Salisbury and I spent today going door-to-door in Anne Arundel County with former Congressman Toby Roth (WI-8).

WJZ-TV in Baltimore reported on the race in last week's news. The new polling only confirms what we have been seeing - we have the momentum! Watch here.
         
Check out my “Candidate Close-Up” interview on WBAL Baltimore. I talk about why I’m running for Congress and what I hope to accomplish. Watch here.

Calling all Volunteers
Next Saturday, October 16, volunteers across the state will be going door to door and phone banking for Super Saturday. It is time to grab your friends and family and go knock on some doors! Visit the Maryland GOP website for more information.

As always, if you’d like to volunteer call 410-609-3829 and we’ll put you to work!

There are only 22 days before Election Day! I need you to not only volunteer, but get your friends, family, and neighbors to pitch in, too! As always, I want to thank you for your continued support. None of this would be possible without people like you helping my campaign every step of the way.


Andy Harris

No comments: