Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 06, 2010

County Executive 'Outraged' Over Dog Shooting

ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Anne Arundel County Executive John Leopold says he was "outraged" and "deeply troubled" to learn about the killing of a Siberian husky by an off-duty federal police officer in a Severn dog park.

After county police initially said the matter was closed, Police Chief James Teare called the case a "priority" Wednesday and pledged a full investigation.

GO HERE to read more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand the reasoning behind further investigating this. I had a similar situation with a state policeman that had come into my driveway, (at the wrong address, looking for someone else)...my dog (a yellow lab) greeted him, not agressively, just excited to see who was coming to visit. The cop didn't acknowledge or attempt to greet me, my son or the dog, but only put his hand on his gun and threatened to shoot the dog (in front of my then 7yr old) if we didn't put the dog inside. When he realized he was at the wrong address & looking for someone that didn't even live there, he made no apologies and just left. My son was upset by this for a long time worried that the police were going to come to his house and shoot his 'best buddy'. I could see if he was behaving agressively, but he wasn't.