Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 09, 2010

Blessing Of The Combines In Snow Hill














The Blessing of the Combines in Snow Hill was one heck of an event. If you were fortunate enough to take the time to enjoy this event, you were one of thousands of people out enjoying a perfect day.

Ever since I started Salisbury News some 6 years ago I have had the pleasure of traveling all over the Eastern Shore. If someone were to ask me which Town I enjoy the most I'd have to reply, I can't answer that. Between Berlin, Snow Hill, Princess Anne, Pocomoke, Crisfield, the list just goes on and on and I couldn't tell you which one is better than the rest.

What I can tell you is, the Eastern Shore, (as a whole) is by far the best place anyone could spend their upbringing and or retirement because the people are so great.

Several politicians were on hand to greet the thousands of people that attended this event. The only downer, (for me personally) to this event was the lack of Press. I didn't see WBOC, WMDT or the DT's and quite frankly that's a shame. We should be encouraging these kinds of events and support the people that support us.

Nevertheless, great job Snow Hill!

CORRECTION: I have been informed that the Press was in fact there. While I'm taking their word for it, I did not see a single one of them there but I am told by a confident source they were. Therefore I apologize, forgive me.

3 comments:

jmmb said...

I couldn't attend the Blessing of the Combines and am so glad to see that someone did. Those are wonderful pictures and a relief to see after looking all weekend for a report from the TV media.

From what I have been told this years Blessing of the Combines was the largest ever. They also had more combines in the parade than ever before. I know alot of hard work went into preparing for this day and everyone that helped in any way has every reason to be proud.

Anonymous said...

Joe just like the coverage on the female softball tournament that lasted a week.Nothing. Same will be for the national mens fast league coming. NOTHING.

Anonymous said...

i just want to thank you for what you did do.....great coverage!