Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Lemon Continued


Sorry to say good things don't last in this case.

On June 25 I signed a contract received my vehicle and was told that the payoff on the lemon vehicle would be mailed off within 2 days and that the remotes(keyless entries) would be sent from Koonz in Annapolis (that is the dealership where Preston located the new car. A week went by and still no remotes contacted the salesman and he said that the dealership was still waiting for Koontz to mail the remotes. I decided to contact Koontz myself.

I spoke with Mr. Duke there and he told me that Preston knew when they picked up the car the remotes were missing and that Koontz would have to reimburse Preston for the remotes.I contacted the salesman, Kenny and he promised the week of July 5 to bring me the new remotes and program them. I called on wed and was told I that the remotes were already mailed I received remotes on Saturday July 10 the postmark on the envelope stated July 9. The remotes I received were not new they did not work on this vehicle.

I contacted Preston and left a message as per this information.I spoke with a Mark Thursday at Koonz today and asked if they could please try to find the original remotes for this vehicle he stated that the remotes were held back because Preston never gave them the remotes for the vehicle they dealer swapped for my vehicle. He never gave me a straight answer were the remotes were he stated Preston would have to give me new remotes and reprogram them. Mr. Thursday used to work at Preston he told me. I called and spoke with Diana at David Wilson Jr.'s office since Mr. Wilson was off today and told her I would like to have the new remotes today (I had already called the parts dept to make sure they had them in stock which they did).

She contacted me back and stated she had the new remotes and would send Kenny down here to program the remotes also she added that Preston needed more paperwork. I asked for what and she said for the new loan with Chase. I said you must be mistaken the car has already been approved and a contract signed. I called Kenny Gardner and asked about the paperwork I heard this she going to cry crybaby she's a crybaby, I asked who is saying this he never responded I hung up the phone.

My mother contacted Diana and she got Mr.Wilson to contact my mom back before Mr.Wilson contacted my mom back she called Mr Jamie Robbinette a finance officer at Preston he stated that he contacted Chase the lender and told them that I refused to give any paperwork. This is not true, I gave all the paperwork prior to obtaining the loan that was agreed upon by Chase, myself, Preston.

Mr.Robbinette stated I would need to do a credit application since I never did one before or nobody would finance me. This is not true. Mr. Wilson sent a runner down to my local Giant, that is were I signed the credit application. This had to be signed before my credit was run by Preston and Chase Mr. Dan Cowell from Chase called and wanted to know why I refused to give or sign the paperwork. I told him this was not true, this man has always been very pleasant talking he had anger in his voice.Keep in mind this man approved the loan back in June.

I have a photographic memory and can remember details very well the man was driving a grey Mazda he was standing with his hands folded behind him. I felt sorry that he had to come all this way in the heat, he responded that he was used to this heat since he worked in a cannery in Pennsylvania when he was younger, yet my mother calls and speaks to Chad Todd and answers as one of the owners of Preston and claims that there is no runner as we have described (the runner was a tall older gentleman very pleasant speaking).

Mr. Wilson claims to know nothing about what has occurred he knows the application for credit was ordered by him and signed by me he also knows that the Chase approved the loan he said he would straighten this out tomorrow. I have probable cause that certain people within Preston are seeking revenge on me because I posted this story
ringing other parties in on this (Chase and Koonz).

This bizarre ordeal has made me completely lose all faith and trust with Preston. As of this date Chase still has not seen the payoff. They have defamed my character by telling lies verbally and emotionally abused me. How much can one person take? I guess this was all too good to be true? Stay tuned to find out.

Also just in case anybody is wondering why my mother is making all the phone calls on my behalf she has been gracefully generous to handle this since I'm on jury duty this month.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

i warned you on the last post this saga was not over. Refuse the car and go buy another. You are in deep on this one and it is better to walk away. This is typical preston and a typical car dealer.

Anonymous said...

Lady you better get an attorney, just like EVERYONE told you from the get go. This saga continues only because of your lack of ability to get one.

Cathy said...

to reiterate what everyone else has been saying all this time through all of your wildly bizarre stories...

GET AN ATTORNEY!!!

Anonymous said...

It would be in your best interest to get an attorney. That way his or her office can let them know that you are now represented in this matter. Then you can divert them to your attorney. Then watch how fast things change. What a sad excuse for a dealership!! As hard as it is for them to get someone financed these days, you would think that they would be grateful to have someone that was clearly approved already.

Anonymous said...

As someone who works for a used car dealer, I don't understand this "problem" with the keys. They could have sent BLANK keys for that car and Preston should have been able to cut the keys for your car with NO problem!

I will say it as well - GET AN ATTORNEY - NOW!!

Don't let them suck you back in anymore - stop talking to them immediately and let an attorney do the talking for you!

I'd be willig to bet there is an attorney in Salisbury that would do this pro bono for you!

Anonymous said...

Looking to purchase a new vehicle and won't be shopping at Preston or financing at Chase. Try to join a credit union guarantee you won't go through on these hassles.

Anonymous said...

I bought a new car from Preston when they were in Easton and had a wonderful experience. I was only 20 and female, but had no problem getting what I wanted including financing. The experience was terrific. This car was totalled in an accident (no fault of my own, drunk driver) in the first year. Insurance handled paying the car off and about a year later I went back to Preston and bought a new Tribute which I paid cash for. At this point I am still satisfied. The 3rd and last vehicle I will ever by from Preston sounded like this horror story. Within 2 years of purchasing my Tribute I wanted to trade it in for a Mazda MPV. I was expecting my 3rd child anytime and the Tribute just didn't have the room necessary. I was flat out lied to on several occassions. I wish I would have told them to shove it wear the sun don't shine, but I guess with just being miserably pregnant and thinking this was it after getting through every obstacle I just went through with it. They even tried to get me on the contract and after everything else I dealt with I am sure it was intentional. As I was going through and signing I luckily noticed that the figures were not the ones that had been agreed to. In the end, after being a loyal customer and buying 3 brand new vehicles in a 4 year time frame, never again will they see my business. I will buy used from The Car Store for the service as I did with my last vehicle from now on.

Anonymous said...

Please, it is Koons, not Koontz. As they have nothing to do with this mess, they would probably prefer you leave them alone.

Anonymous said...

Preston was great at one time but over the years too many people have had major problems there.

Jeff Beerbaur said...

two words....Gateway Subaru.

J.Albero said...

McGuire, your sick comments will NOT get published here. Learn how to spell at least two words in a row too, Idiot!

Anonymous said...

Why can't Preston take any keyfobs and program them for you? They could just borrow off another car and make happy you happy. They take less then 3 minutes to program, super easy to do. I bought used ones off Ebay for my gf's Mustang, and she went from having 0 remotes to 3 now.

Anonymous said...

The finance bait and switch is the second car-dealer trick. They get you out the door, then call you back a week or two later and say the financing fell through and try to sign you at a much higher interest rate. Preston has tried this on me.
Secure your financing before you walk on the lot, just don't tell them that you have done so till they make a deal.

Anonymous said...

11:58 You are the reason people have the opinion of car salesman that they do. You are lower than whale poop!

Anonymous said...

Cars don't cost less at Preston.And there service sucks.I bought my last new car from them three years ago.And I don't plan on going back.

Anonymous said...

4:34 Car salesmen have given themselves that reputation !

Anonymous said...

5:22.. shut up. what do you know about car sales? apparently nothing.

Anonymous said...

Since Preston took over at Pittsville motors, the whole dealership has gone to pot. It seems that Preston is a slipshod dealership. You can probably watch your sales go down the tubes now.