Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Home Prices On The Rise In D.C. Area

Finally, some good news for homeowners in the Washington area. Home prices throughout our region saw the strongest climb in the country in April.

The Washington Examiner reports that housing prices jumped 6.5 percent from April 2009 to April 2010, according to data from CoreLogic.

Andy Bauer, regional economist for the Baltimore branch of the Richmond Federal Reserve, told the Examiner that the spike is due to solid job growth and the expansion of the federal government.

GO HERE to read more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll believe it when I see it. I know that the 2 foreclosed/abandoned homes in our neighborhood have(in the past month) been purchased and our undergoing renovations. It's good, at the very least they won't detract when we hopefully sell our place in the DC suburbs this summer. DC has a VERY steady job market, with the large number of not only public sector(gov't) jobs, but a lot of military bases in the area.

Anonymous said...

Yes, expansion of the fedgov!! Isn't that wonderful!! We'll all be able get more for our homes and all will be well since the gov't is expanding. Ahhh, all is peace and bliss.

Anonymous said...

^^Hey, I didn't make the system like that. But if it helps me sell my place, so be it. I just know I'm relocating to somewhere with a helluvalot lower taxes, better schools, and more affordable living.