Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

If You Think Things Are Bad Here.......

All too often we hear the City Council comparing Salisbury projects to Rockville, Maryland.

Well, as my earlier Post stated, I spent my day in Rockville yesterday and let me tell you a little something about that area.

I don't care where you go, the grass is at least 2 feet tall on any roadway. Clearly these municipalities have put the brakes on such maintenance. Let me add, the roads are just horrible, seriously!

If you think things are bad in Wicomico County, just drift off the Beltway on any exit in Montgomery County and you'll quickly see just how bad things are.

We're in a municipal depression Folks. Tax dollars just aren't going to cover what you see on the surface, let alone the infrastructure your eyes can't see. If Montgomery County is in as bad a shape as I saw yesterday, we're in for a major hurting in the near future.

I have stated for 2 years now that Rick Pollitt was behind the 8-Ball when it comes to reduction in spending, cut backs, layoffs, you name it. Our time is coming, you can believe that.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe:

2 weeks ago I spent a couple days in the Bethesda-Wheaton area and things looks fine, BTW, Kensington is a really neat place.

Anonymous said...

The crime rate is much lower there, so maybe they do more for police and don't worry as much about weeds in the sidewalk and "code-compliance" issues. And how does the town's tax rate compare to that in Salisbury?

Anonymous said...

You think the grass is high there travel north to the Delaware line.
Went to the race Sunday couldn't believe the grass on 13 to Dover.
So much for Slots.

Anonymous said...

Grass and weeds do not hure anyone. Home owners should be able to let their grass grow longer without being harrassed by code idiots. It seems the state and county can let their grass grow as long as they want (and that's OK with me) but homeowners can not. Something is wrong and I suggest downsizing code and compliance and save some tax dollars.

Anonymous said...

9:35, over there (used to live there), they enforce their more serious code compliance laws. Part of the reason their crime rate is lower.

They don't put up with what Salisbury sadly tolerates. There are things I love here, but I miss Mont. Co. because they don't think slums and criminals are something to be protected the way Salisbury does.

Anonymous said...

I am from Montgomery County and I don't know what you are talking about.

To compare Wicomico and Montgomery is just laughable.

The services, towns, community pride - everything isn't even in the same league as Wicomico.

Before someone tells me to move back, my question is what has happened to Wicomico's money through the years that they are so far behind the curve????

Anonymous said...

I thought it (our time) was here

Anonymous said...

I'm with 1:09, and I was born here.

Anonymous said...

I was born and raised in Mo.Co. and lived in Rockville for the majority of my 32 years. It's not as bad as you make it out to be. Having said that, there is a "small town" element that I found on the eastern shore that isn't present in Rockville, thus my impetus to move here 5 years ago. I still LOVE Rockville but I've come to love the ES as well. It's not w/o it's faults and the City of Salisbury is a joke but overall, I prefer it out here.