Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Comment Worthy Of A Post

People this is important:

Do you think the Maryland Veterinary Board does a good job? Because I don't. The fact that they don't take stronger action with vets like Nolte leaves all our pets in peril.

In Maryland, we have what is called Sunset Commission Review. This is when a government appointed panel assesses the effectiveness of state regulatory agencies, etc. The Maryland Veterinary Board was supposed to be scheduled for Sunset Review in 2011. I have been waiting more than 5 years for my chance to tell the Sunset Commission how much they suck and how they need to make changes to ensure that they do a better job.

Well, get this: The Maryland Vet Board managed to get legislation passed this spring so that they won't be reviewed until 2021. That's right -- no external assessment of the veterinary board's effectiveness until 2021! This was based on a report the vet board submitted to a committee saying, undoubtedly, that they are doing a great job and don't need to be reviewed!

Please contact your state reps and senators and speak out! Tell them the vet board is not protecting the pet owning public, or our pets, and NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED by an external body.

Find your reps here:

http://mdelect.net/electedofficials/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

they sure don't know what their doing... And the proof is in the pudding... If they allowed DR. Kevorkian aka "Dr. Nolte" to practice knowing what he has done, and could have done had they not stepped in after the 30th complaint who knows what would happen to peoples dogs and pets...

Anonymous said...

Take your pets to Healing Hands Animal Hospital on Main Street in Salisbury. You won't be disappointed. They are very caring and your pets health is very important to them.

Anonymous said...

Joe...

Hearing points about the veternary board makes my think back to my experiences with the MD Dental Board. Been a former patient of a local orthodontist in town, I made numerous complaints to the MD Dental Board that I was overcharged for services and my insurance billed for services that I did not receive. I was called and interviewed and each time, nothing happened.

Of course I no longer go to this office but I have numerous complaints about this dentist but nothing ever happens.

I am curious if your readers have similar experiences with dentists or orthodontists here in Salisbury.

We need to make these people accountable for their lack of ethics.

Anonymous said...

Joe....

I had similar experiences to Post #3. I would be interested in your readers thoughts on this too. Just a suggestion but would you consider this being a separate post or question on your blog? I wonder how others have dealt with my dilemma.

Anonymous said...

Doug Nolte is a great guy and doctor. You won't post this but it is true for the overwhelming majority of people who have used his services. I wish you would post both sides of this Joe. Thank you!