Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Please Pray For Brooke


Please pray for Brooke. There is a possability that the Neuroblastoma could be back. We had a clinic appt today at CHOP and while we were waiting to see the doctor I noticed that her pupils were unilateral (her right pupil was constricted & left was dialated) and were not responding to light. We were quickly taken for a head CT scan which was negative (I believe they were ruling out a brain tumor or bleed). However there is a possablilty that it's Horner's Syndrom again which presented a week after she was initially diagnosed last January. Horner's Syndrome is typically one of the first side effects from NB to present and what can cause doctors to test for neuroblastoma. The attending, Dr. Adamson, was later able to get the pupils to respond to light changes. We are staying the night in NJ with my mom and have to be back at CHOP at 7:30am for an 8:00appt. They are going to do a chest and neck CT scan with contrast. Dr. Weiser is also going to try to make an appt Tues with nucleor medicine for an injection and then have an MIBG scan on Wed. Another thing that is concerning is last night at 4am Brooke woke up screaming in pain (legs) and it took her about 30 mins to fall back asleep. This was also what was happening when she was first diagnosed. I am trying to stay hopeful but fear is consuming me. I just keep thinking that this can't be happening...please God don't let it be this...she has come so far and done so well. Please don't take my baby from me...I really can't bring myself to write any more tonight I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on and to please, please, please pray for her.

God Bless,
Amy

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the Mulford family, you are always in our thoughts and prayers, may God comfort all of you during this very trying time.

Anonymous said...

Ever since getting this news last night I haven't been able to get this sweet child out of my mind. I haven't stopped praying for this family since the beginning of this nightmare.

Brooke, don't give up honey. We're all praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I've made several calls this morning to Baltimore and Maine to get her into two other prayer circles. God Bless.

TDP said...

We are all praying for you Brooke and your family . Amy stay strong ! Keep us updated

Anonymous said...

After the year she has had and how brave she has been she does not deserve this. Please god let it have returned. Brooke, Amy, and Rob you are all in my prayers. Stay strong

Anonymous said...

Dear God, please protect little Brooke and make her well. Help her parents, too.

I wish I could hug them.

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for each of you...for peace and courage to assist you through this new set of circumstances. Prayers for Brooke that her symptoms will be relieved and she can rest while the docs sort things out.

Anonymous said...

Amy and Brooke, stay strong and don't give up hope, we are praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know your family personally, only through the journal of your very personal and heart wrenching story. I pray that each of you can draw the strength you need to persevere from all the prayer that envelops you individually and as a family.
May God watch over and bless each of you.
Nalagirl

Uniforms Unlimited said...

We are all Praying for little Brooke..Rob and Amy you are also in our prayers..Please lord look over this family and bless Brooke with good health...Rob and Amy keep strong...

Chimera said...

Hang in there Amy.You have alot of people out here praying for you all.

JB said...

My heart goes out to you for this new hurdle you must get over. It truly is a nightmare. Prayers going up for Brooke and her family.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Here's a mother's prayer I hold close to my heart. May God Bless your family at this time.

St. Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children so tenderly and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death, listen to us who are pleading for our sick child. We thank God for the great gift of our son/daughter and ask Him to restore our child to health if such be His holy will. This favor, we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers.
Amen.

Anonymous said...

This truly breaks my heart...Amy, Rob and most of all Brooke...you are all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with Brooke as they have been since day one, and as I said the Brooke you are an inspiration to many people young and old for the fight you continue to have. May God Bless you and your family.

G. Bratten

Sheila said...

Amy, please keep your head up and think positive. Brooke will stay in my prayers as she has been for over the past year. Please keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Amy, Brooke and Rob - you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for strength and healing.

Anonymous said...

Amy I will pray for you and Brooke after I leave this comment. I understand your fear consuming you I've been there and I also said the same words you have, please God don't take her away. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better. Trust in our Lord he will not give you more than you can handle. He is there with you allways God Bless you and Brooke.

Anonymous said...

Brooke,Amy&Rob you are in my prayers. Stay strong. GOD BLESS!

Anonymous said...

Here is my family's prayer that Brooke be washed clean of the heinous disease that has been wrought on her tiny little body. May God keep you all safe within His loving grasp and may you find the peace and strength to handle what you have been dealt.
There can be no sadness like the sadness of watching your baby in pain...