Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Denny's In Salisbury Has A New Look


SALISBURY, MD (Jan. 21, 2010) – Folks will be wowed when they walk in the door of Denny’s Restaurant at 405 Punkin Court in Salisbury.

After closing its doors for a mere three days, Denny’s reopens today with a brand new look including fresh paint, new carpet, booths, chairs, tables, new pictures focusing on Denny’s nostalgia and all new bathroom fixtures.

“We pretty much built a new restaurant in three days. It’s an amazing transition and it’s very exciting for our customers. It’s cleaner, crisper and brighter. Everything is new,” says Paul Mazza, vice president of restaurant operations for Rommel’s Holdings, who owns the Denny’s.

Mazza said crews went in and stripped the interior. “It’s a high volume Denny’s and probably is in the top 10 percent in the nation. It needed a facelift,” adds Mazza. “Our menu has changed so much over the years. Everyone thinks ‘Grand Slam,’ but we have much more than that. People will be surprised all around.”

Rommel Holdings, Inc. is a mid-sized holding company located in Fruitland. As a family held enterprise, it has owned and operated a variety of businesses dating back to the 1950's. Today the company consists of 12 Ace Hardware stores, four Denny's Restaurants, Uno Chicago Bar and Grill in Fruitland, a Skateland roller-skating rink in Baltimore, MD and several commercial properties located from Baltimore to Ocean City, MD. They employ approximately 500 people in Maryland, Delaware and Virginia.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It needed the lift; hopefully they can keep it clean, it usually was dirty.

Anonymous said...

About time~~~ we went there about 4 weeks ago and when I looked down at the carpet I wanted to puke. I thought OMG if the kitchen looks like that why am I eating here tonight. The food was not that bad!! Thank God!!! We will go back now for sure!! Thanks, otherwise we would be staying with Lombardi's more often. LOL

Anonymous said...

Last time we were there the carpets were filthy, and I wrote on the window sills...NO excuse for any place to be dirty! I go to Sage Diner where is place is clean even the bathrooms. Oh yes the food is fresh and good. My husband did a tour for two months at several restaurants here in Salisbury/Delmar. The worse things we found was DIRT. On ceililng fans, return air ducts, walls filthy greasy carpets and yes this comes from the kitchen. So you can imagine what the kitchen floors look like. One hi dollar restaurant I ordered a salad. What I got looked like pieces left in a bowl. I was embarassed for they way it looked.Over at the Sage Diner the salad is full/fresh and tastes good. Businesses who are barely making ends meet should sit down out front and be a customer to see how we see it...

Anonymous said...

When I went there I saw John Potter and his mother. When they walked by me I could tell the poor couple had not bathed in weeks as the whole place wreaked. My stomach turned that day and I haven't been back since.

Nothing against Denny's, but it's just that smell that I can't get out of my head.

The poor people who ate in that booth after they left are the real ones to be concerned for.

Anonymous said...

Who is John Potter?

Anonymous said...

I Loves me some Denny's

Anonymous said...

Who did the construction work?

Anonymous said...

...man Salisbury is F'ing boring...