Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Brooke Mulford Update


It has been a long day and I'm tired but wanted to at least post a quick update. Brooke and I headed to CHOP yesterday morning and was admitted to start immunotherapy trial this morning. Brooke the eternal optimist that she is was so excited to get here yesterday (she missed all of the inpatient staff so much -she hasn't seen them since we left on Sept 10th after transplant). Thank you so much John & Johanna for coming in last night to help us get moved in (Brooke had a blast with you both) and for bringing me sushi takeout from Pod! The infusion started at roughly 10am and lasts for 10 hrs each day. She did well the first couple of hours and then the pain started (first in her feet, then her back & neck and her pinkie finger). She is on continuous morphine for pain and was hitting the button for more pretty much all day. She asked me today to please ask everyone to pray for her pain to go away. The last couple of hours she has been having some issues with blood pressure(73/38), heart rate(142), fluid retention and she is burning up but her temp is dropping instead of rising. Dr. was just in to check on her and they are giving her a small fluid bolus and will continue to monitor all her vitals throughout the night. Please pray for us both and all the children here going through more than any child should ever have to (everytime we come back I meet another parent whose child was just diagnosed with some type of pediatric cancer...it takes me back to last January and all the emotions...)

Blessings,
Amy

5 comments:

Chimera said...

Shes gotten this far and despite her setbacks,I KNOW she will get thru this,she is a strong little girl.I hope she has a Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Lord Jesus, you love little children. You did not turn them away. Please help Brooke now. Father of mercies, ease her pain and discomfort, and help her Mom and Dad as they seek to comfort her. HEAL HER LITTLE BODY -- this I ask in the name of the greatest of all physicians, Jesus, the CHRIST - AMEN.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with her and the many other children who are suffering in the world today!! God Bless You Brooke!!

Anonymous said...

hello, i send my prayers ti you and your family. i light my candle every night for all the childern and adults. just keep faith everthing is going to be okay. hugs and kisses from a friend.a

Anonymous said...

Dear Mulford Family,

I shall certainly pray for Brooke's pain to go away and added strength for all of you as you carry on this battle. Know that many people are praying for all of you. Love & Prayers, another mom

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)