Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 07, 2009

We Missed A Huge Birthday This Week


Dearest Brookie:

Guess what?? Today is my birthday and I am one year old! (that’s actually 7 years in dog years – which means I am now older than you!) I had a BIG day, a SPECIAL day! It was full of fun things, like 3 walks, breakfast with liverwurst on it, and lots of toys, (one is REALLY loud and Dr. Dave said he can’t wait to hear it when he is dead asleep) and a new tag which the Dog Walkers, made sure was pink because they know how much you and I love pink! And Daddy stopped over to wish me a Happy Birthday – I was SO excited to see him! I jumped so high that my back feet left the ground!

The only thing missing from my big day was YOU. I miss you bunches, and I know you would rather be here celebrating with me, but in just one week, you should be home and then let the party begin. (You are going to have a birthday party for me – right??) I am so proud of you! You completed all your chemo and did it with grace. You are such a strong little girl.

You want to know something funny. Yesterday, the house phone rang at the same time as Miss Liz’s cell phone. Well, at the same time I was at the back door wanting to go out, so Miss Liz let me out and went to answer all the phones. Well, just a short time later Miss Liz goes to call me in and Oh-Oh – little did she know the sprinkler system was on in the backyard, and I had played in the water to my hearts content and then decided that the mulch was wet and most likely needed to be dug up! I think Miss Liz was in utter amazement in what havoc incurred in such a short span. I was utterly amazed that I needed another bath so soon. (P.S. Miss Liz was a little late for her appointment.)

I am looking forward to seeing you soon.

Puppy kisses and belly rubs,

Bailey birthday doggie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat! This little girl will be uplifted because of this note. That dog will do wonders for her spirit-----more than a human being in most cases!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Brooke

Anonymous said...

Praise God for another birthday!

Anonymous said...

Dog IS man's best friend and definitely have loving powers to improve health. Brookie~bless you-you are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Bailey-Dog! I'll pray that you and Brooke will be together to share your birthday next year.

The dog-walkers must be special people to give you such good care while your family takes care of getting Brooke well.

Let's hope it won't be much longer until you and your Brooke are reunited.

Brooke, as always your in my prayers.