Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 07, 2009

A Brooke Mulford Update

Sunday, September 6, 2009 2:38 AM, EDT

Hello to everyone, many thanks for all the support and prayers everyone has blessed our family with. It is so wonderful to see Brooke starting to come back around. I also must say a blessing for Amy to be able to be there everyday and watch over Brooke and be able to keep everyone more informed with her updates. That has been a wonderful blessing for me to get a little more sleep and at the same time provide a new perspective on this journey that only a mother can do. For me; things have begun to catch up with me and I am struggling with work, hospital bills, keeping up with the house and finding time to visit. Then I just think of Brooke and go; how can I complain and I go about going ahead. It also helps to have everyone still everyday blessing our family and giving our family words of encouragement and lots of support.

My main reason though tonight for writing is on a sad note and something that I am having a hard time with. I did go up to CHOP on a whim and surprise Amy and Brooke, but it was because I needed to see them like I never have before. I got home late Thursday night after work and did my usual by logging in to the computer and checking WBOC, WMDT and Salisbury News on line and after reading a posting on Salisbury News (sbynews.com) I was brought to my knees in prayer and tears. Beautiful young Kara Adams from Delmar lost her battle with the Beast! As you can imagine this hits home hard. Every day is just so important and in this battle you just can not assume anything or take anything for granted! As everyone goes into another day tomorrow please say a prayer for her family and just remember how precious life is. I just have no words to explain what I am feeling right now, except to know she is not suffering anymore and to pray for her family. Just remember Cancer does not discriminate and it is everybody’s job to help find the cures to fight this horrible disease. Kara you will be terribly missed by your family, friends, community, people you never knew and everybody’s life you ever touched.

Also please have the community of Georgetown and the family and friends of Patrolman Chad Spicer in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow while you are in church. Thank you to all the people who protect us and fight for our freedom; you are truly thought of more than you know and are loved for what you do!

Rob, Brooke’s Daddy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful mail!!!!

Anonymous said...

God bless you all......

Anonymous said...

God love you Rob. I think of you, Brooke and Amy often. love the updates you provide. Hang in there. I know this is incredibly hard on you and your family. WE are all praying for you, Amy, and Brooke. You aren't alone in this.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Mulford,
Thank you for keeping us updated on little Brooke. I will continue to pray for her. One can tell when a person's heart is open to God. That heart is large enough to care about others in the midst of their own trials. God bless.

Love and prayers,
another mom