Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 28, 2009

An Unbelievable Day Today

Ladies & Gentlemen:

Please forgive me for my lack of Posts today. As many of you know, my Mother has been diagnosed with cancer and just recently returned home from the Hospital. My Aunt took the Train down from Up-State New York to come spend some quality time with her Sister.

This morning I received an emergency call from my Sister telling me that my Aunt was sitting in the dining room reading a book and out of nowhere she simply fell over and fell to the floor. Mom tried waking her and she was not responsive and had to call 911 and have my Aunt rushed to the very same Hospital my Mother had just been released from.

Now there was no one at home for Mom and no one at the Hospital for my visiting Aunt. I had to drop everything and immediately take off for Annapolis. Thanks to one of our Contributors, comments went up throughout the day and night until my recent return.

My Aunt was released from the Hospital and will take a Train back to New York to see a cardiologist for additional tests. So it's been one heck of a day and now I have returned to some 400 e-mail messages to sift through.

I may get off to a slow start in the morning but there's lots to share and clearly a whole lot of catch up work to do. Thanks for understanding and we'll see you tomorrow.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How terrible. Sure hope things improve over that way, but it seems everyone is having health issues these days. I was afraid to have my birthday last week, but then again, I would rather have it than the alternative. Then a friend flew in from N.C. to attend her 63rd class reunion at Chez Freds and OMG she looks like she is about 60. I think we Eastern Shore people must age well. It must be the clean lifestyle..... LOL No negative comments please...

Anonymous said...

Joe, your family is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Joe, my best wishes to your Mom, your aunt and you.

Anonymous said...

I have been in your shoes Joe and I understand what you are going through. God Bless you and your family are in my prayers

Anonymous said...

God Bless Joe, you and your family our in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well, keep up the good work... When you can...

jefferson said...

I hope your Mom and Aunt improve. I wish them the best

Anonymous said...

We pray everyone gets better.
That 1 post kept everyone busy. 127 comments and almost everyone worth reading.

Tom Sawyer

Anonymous said...

you are in my prayers

Anonymous said...

Joe, Best wishes to you and your entire family. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers during what I'm sure is a difficult time.