Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm Seeing Double This Morning

Joe,

While looking at the obits this morning I noticed something.....DT screwed up AGAIN! Several of the names are there twice. Is this so they could fill the page? I'm wondering if in the actual printed trash if they made the same mistake.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/section/OBITUARIES
It's bad enough when you have to see a loved one's name in print in this way, I'm sure twice doesn't make it any easier. In the very near future I will have to make a decision about putting my step-dad's obit in that paper or not, I'd rather put it on your blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you click on the DT link, click on Sunday. Sunday there are three repeats.

Anonymous said...

one listing is the obituary which the family pays for it to be printed which is written up with the accomplishments, extended family, etc. The other in death notices is public record and the family does not pay for it

Anonymous said...

Death Notices are free in The Daily Times, obits are paid for. Most families do both!

Anonymous said...

8:32 No, if you look at Sunday's listings they listed three of them twice. All the others were once. These were in the "paid" section. At the end were the death notices. Take a look at Sunday you will see what they did. It's not in today's section.

Anonymous said...

People view sundays listings before speaking.

Anonymous said...

DT is crazy anyway.. i called them about a classified that had the wrong phone number listed and they wouldnt even check the number with their paper work.. they lady just kept repeating.. o well thats the number we have for them

Anonymous said...

Yea I agree with DT is crazy.. I got billed for a newspaper I didn't recieve or ask for. Then after I called them and told them I was not paying 30$ for a paper I didn't ask for and don't recieve they said ok. and sent me a bill for 13$ so I called them again and said I am not paying it. stop sending me bills for something I don't recieve and don't wish to recieve and I get another bill last week for 9$ .. I don't understand what these people don't get!!