Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

THANK YOU

First of all I want to thank ALL of you for your support with my Mother. Mom has been diagnosed with cancer but they're running numerous tests to see just how bad it is and just how far it has spread. Your kind words and prayers are greatly appreciated.

My next thank you is for understanding things are a bit slower these past few days on Salisbury News and I'm doing my best to keep things updated while dealing with numerous personal issues.

I'd like to also thank the individual who found my Mother In Law's purse and returned it to their home today. Say what you want about the City of Salisbury, there are some WONDERFUL people in this community and sometimes we get so lost in all the wrong, we forget to recognize those who are truly "Good People."

My Mother In Law was at Giant shopping and she took my Father In Law with her to get him out of the house. Art has been quite ill and any breath of fresh air is a good thing. Nevertheless, in trying to load the groceries and get Art into the car, she left her purse in the cart and drove off.

She called the Police after trying to go back to Giant and see if it was anywhere to be found but she had no luck. The Police took a report, she cancelled all her credit cards, phone, you name it. Well, today she went to go out one of the three doors to their home and wouldn't you know it, someone had returned the purse with absolutely everything still in it. We don't know who you are but I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

On another note, last night my Wife was out shopping and decided to bring home some chicken from one of those Fast Food joints. You know, the one named after that cartoon character who loves spinach.

Anyhow, I spent the entire evening, every hour on the hour and all day today so far praying to the porcelain God and that's why things have been so slow today, sorry. Fortunately this is a FREE Site and right now I can get away with it. But again, I thank you for understanding. No, I will NEVER eat something from that dump again.

In closing I'd like to thank ALL of you once again for delivering yet another record day yesterday to Salisbury News. While a few of you have stated we'd have a difficult time getting advertisers because of some of the content we put up on Salisbury News, I bet to differ. We tell you the real news and this Site will always be free for those who choose to come here and read the content. We don't sugar coat things and quite frankly, rather than some of you telling us how we're failing, well, the numbers we see every day prove you have no clue what you're talking about. Your power of suggestion is a joke and reminds me of the old Tilghman Administration.

Believe what you want, I don't care. Our phones are ringing off the hook every single day of the week. We get between 600 to 800 e-mail messages a day and I think many of you would be amazed at just who we talk to on a daily basis.

Last but not least I want to thank all of those people who send us tips and worthy information to Post each and every day. Now there are times in which I get things far too risky to Post but don't you ever think I'm not cracking up laughing, because I am/do.

We're making a difference Folks and that's what Salisbury News was designed to do. Thank You!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a cancer survivor, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts are with you, Jennifer and all your parents. Many of us are juggling priorities as we are the sandwich generation caring for kids and parents and trying to juggle jobs too. You were tight where you needed to be. Taking time to care for your family.

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law recently passed away after an 8 year battle with cancer. I can appreciate what you are going thru and will keep you and your family in my prayers. No matter what you have to keep your faith.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for all, leave it in the Lords hands.

Reconciled1 said...

You're doing a good job Joe, keep it up. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Your Mom will fight the good fight and God's will, will be done. As a good son, you will be by her side every step of the way. My most heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family, there are difficult days ahead.

Anonymous said...

The only failures in SALISBURY are the ones posting negative post about Salisbury News be a failure.

Nancy said...

Joe,

You and Jen are truly my friends. I will keep you and your families in my prayers. Tell your mom to keep fighting and a positive attitude will keep her here a lot longer! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

A great woman (my mom) said to me, "Don't worry about me, God will take care of me". Her faith was always strong and resolute. God did take care of her and he will take care of your mom and your family. Joe, this will be the hardest thing you will ever have to do in your life. It's difficult to watch the adult become the child in so many ways. We pray for her and your family. Let us know when you need an ear and certainly put her before all else. We will still be here no matter how much time you need off. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I hope evryone gets better and healthy, my power is no joke. Numbers, I help.

Anonymous said...

Joe:
Bless your mother and all of you and may god give your family strength.

As far as "sbynews", keep it original, fun, intellectual and serious. Keep it you.

I love these words by Kahlil Gibran:

And what is it to work with love?

It is to weave the cloth with threads drawn from your heart, even as if your beloved were to wear that cloth.

It is to build a house with affection, even as if your beloved were to dwell in that house.

It is to sow seeds with tenderness and reap the harvest with joy, even as if your beloved were to eat the fruit.

It is to charge all things you fashion with a breath of your own spirit, And to know that all the blessed dead are standing about you and watching.

Often have I heard you say, as if speaking in sleep, "he who works in marble, and finds the shape of his own soul in the stone, is a nobler than he who ploughs the soil.

And he who seizes the rainbow to lay it on a cloth in the likeness of man, is more than he who makes the sandals for our feet."

But I say, not in sleep but in the over-wakefulness of noontide, that the wind speaks not more sweetly to the giant oaks than to the least of all the blades of grass;

And he alone is great who turns the voice of the wind into a song made sweeter by his own loving.

Work is love made visible.

And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy.

For if you bake bread with indifference, you bake a bitter bread that feeds but half man's hunger.

And if you grudge the crushing of the grapes, your grudge distils a poison in the wine.

And if you sing though as angels, and love not the singing, you muffle man's ears to the voices of the day and the voices of the night.

~D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you know where your priorities belong. People on your site appreciate that about you & know that's the "Real Joe"

mad granny said...

Enjoy your time with your mom. Tell her and show her how much you love her every day. I really miss my mom and wish that I could have told her that I love her one more time. Luckily, she knew, but I still wish that I could have said it one more time.

Popeyes will make you sick if you re-heat it!

You have made such a positive change here in Salisbury. All of the dirt that was done in the dark has come to the light, thanks to you. You are not afraid stand up and tell it like it is, no matter who it pi$$e$ off! That's what I respect so much about you!

Anonymous said...

Joe, you know all of you are in my prayers. I'm going through the same with two members of my family. Some days are harder than others.

The Stocking Lady

Chimera said...

My late Mother battled cancer and so I definitely sympathize with you and will keep your Mother in my prayers.

Jack K Richards said...

Joe, did not think that SbyNews slowed down all that much. I think I speak for all when I say I would have understood if you had shut down completely for a bit. Take care of her. jackkcharl@aol.com