Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Salvation Army & JT

Sir:

Let me introduce myself. I'm just a regular guy who has always supported the Salvation Army over the years, and applaud the good work you do. I rang the bell for you in the past, and I intend to do the same for you this year.

Something very troubling has got my attention, and I feel it necessary to weigh in with my opinion. It appears than a certain local hate blogger, JT, has decided to attempt to politicize the Salvation Army's Christmas fund raising campaign. He is bragging on his website about the derogatory email he sent you about Joe Albero. It is apparently his agenda to scare you into banning Joe and his friends from the bell ringing program this year. I have no idea how well you know Mr. Albero, or how much you are up to speed on Salisbury city politics and the local blogging world. But what is important to know is that JT and Joe generally represent opposite ends of the political spectrum. JT and his allies have experienced several setbacks at the ballot box lately, and they are not happy about it, and are seeking revenge anywhere they can get it. They were also not happy about Joe's active involvement last year in coordinating the local bell ringing on the north side of town, and the huge success it was. "JT" actively discouraged people last year not to participate and contribute. It obviously didn't work. The good people of Who-Salisbury-ville came thru, as we all knew they would.

It is my hope that you are planning to rise above this sort of political mudslinging, and continue a policy of inclusion in the bell ringing campaign. Mr. T claims to have thousands of followers, but from what I have seen, I would say that is an absolute lie. I noticed that there was no mention of him or his legions of friends volunteering to fill the void that would be created by excluding Mr. Albero- just threats of retaliation if you did not give in to their demands. JT is quick to pretend to be high and mighty, and to make accusations about Joe, but a quick glance of his site will find- among other despicable things- a photoshopped image of him hanging Joe in an old-fashioned gallows. (A death threat?) You will also find many vile posts and pictures of our 2 dedicated local councilwomen, who have never attacked him in any way. It this the type of thing a man with Christian ideals presents? I think not. But he has the nerve to criticize articles on Salisbury News.

I am sorry that the Salvation Army, and you personally, have been unfairly put in the middle of something like this. I will continue to support your good organization regardless of how you decide to handle this. But I will give you my commitment to make an extra added effort to assist. should you be victimized by threats and retaliation by the"the SG". That man truly possesses some cartoon-like personality traits! I have no doubt that there are many others who feel as I do.

Have a blessed day!

Editors Note: This was clearly a letter sent into the Salvation Army on my behalf from a loyal reader of Salisbury News. First of all, thank you. I have made some changes to the letter but highlighted those areas so many will know what was originally being said. We will NOT give out this persons name or Website.

While we have refused to post anything about this guy, this letter is important. It's important because JT, BT, AW, GC, LC, MD and others will do anything to destroy Salisbury, including the Salvation Army. Mind you, it's cold out there Folks and if JT thinks he can stop Joe Albero from ringing a bell and raising money for a great cause, so be it. It just shows you the man will do ANYTHING for attention because he's a liar who makes up stories just to get attention because he's broke, penny less. He mooches off you the taxpayers and runs a Blog laughing in your face because you pay his way. He does not work and he's in his 30's.

I strongly encourage those of you who do choose to go to his Site to simply stop going there any more like I have done for the past 3 months. This will show him that you will no longer participate with a guy who lives in Section 8 Housing for $35.00 a month. Collects disability checks every single month ON YOU and clearly if he can run a Blog 24/7, he's capable of working. He collects food stamps and every time any one of you go to his Site you are supporting a very mentally challenged man who has a thing for 8 year old little boys. If that's your style, so be it.

In the mean time, I will be ringing a bell once again for the Salvation Army this year and there's not a damn thing that overly obese dead beat of a man can do about it. If he's still claiming he's getting thousands of hits, he's a liar. We look at Analytics regularly and he doesn't even get 100 hits a day, he's a liar. You don't see them showing my Analytic Numbers because it would clearly show TRUTH versus LIES.

To my Friend who wrote this letter, Thank You! To those of you who support the Salvation Army, Thank You! Together we're making a real difference in the right direction, are you listening JT. Please contact the Salvation Army and let them know how you feel about this matter.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should just start signing up to fill the slots earlier this year, like now. Its a thought.

Anonymous said...

Just another fine example of the pot calling the kettle black. Both you and Taylor need to get a life.

Anonymous said...

The green idiot has pissed off the wrong bunch of people. Let's help the Salvation Army set ANOTHER fundrasing record this year.

tracy w said...

Only a complete idiot with no set of moral values would attack an organization like the Salvation Army that helps others.

Anonymous said...

Just yesterday I wrote a comment on his article of spew about you and the Salvation Army that if he wasn't going to get out there and ring the bell in your place he should knock off this hatred for you and stop asking people to fill the kettles with coins showing protest over you in place of giving money and wouldn't you know it that he didn't post my comment..(fat slob) he's so two faced its not funny...only two articles from that he says he's going to post all comments as long as they contained no profanity well mine didn't but it did make him look stupid and he didn't post it (no surprise) the only ones he hurts in this crusade to bury you is the Salvation Army not you (joe) but he's so stupid guess that fact doesn't matter to him!!!

Anonymous said...

As someone who also rang the Salvation Army bell last year, although no where near the amount of time Joe volunteered for, I can speak from experience. To volunteer to stand out in the cold as a way to help your community is admirable. Joe needs to be held in high regard for his public deeds and the time he devotes. As I told him myself, he was a huge plus to the Willards fireworks, was absolutely great with everyone and can be counted on to do the right thing.

It's a shame the losers, John Robinson & gang, don't have sense enough to do anything good at all! They were losers when they were born and will still be losers when they die. Comparing Joe to Robinson is like comparing Secretariat to a jackass, not even in the same universe morally!

joealbero said...

No JT, I won't publish your comments. First of all, use your real name and not anonymous. Secondly, remove the curse words. You're such a loser.

STOP THE INSANITY said...

I am a regular reader of Joe's blog. Do I always agree with him - no. Do I respect our individual rights to have a difference of opinion - yes. I know Joe and I like Joe - and I respect and appreciate the many good things HE and this Blog have done for the community.

Free speech is just that - FREE Speech.

Does the fact that I may not agree with him on an issue mean I think he should not be allowed to ring a bell for The Salvation Army? OF COURSE NOT! I cannot think of anything so petty, small minded and un-Christian as to ignore someone's good work because they are not 100% in line with your way of thinking or looking at the world. (Kind of sounds communistic to me....)

It is only the most vindictive of a person that would stoop so low as to try and damage a charity - particularly one with the credentials and track record of The Salvation Army as a means to "get back" at another person.

The community as a whole must reject this kind of thinking as damaging to the core of our society and to the mission of The Salvation Army.

Mr. Taylor needs to focus on the MISSION of the organization, the Christian principles on which it is founded and consider the redemptive power of doing good works.

Moon Willow said...

I've seen some of JT's "articles" about boycotting the Salvation Army Kettle Campaign. That is nothing less than despicable. You can count on my help again this year; that's a promise.

I commented once on JT's site that he says he reports news, but that the majority by far of his writing is "I hate Joe" stuff. Did he allow my comment? Of course not.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Albero,
I, too support the Salvation Army, along with some other local charities. I also find your blog becoming more and more interesting, especially since we hardly ever hear any more about the former mayor of our city, nor until now, about Mr. JT. And, no I certainly don't always agree with you.
As for your blog, please keep to the high road, because I've found it's awfully hard to argue with a pig without getting down to his level.

Anonymous said...

This is so childish! Just keep ringing the bell.

Anonymous said...

JT and his few followers continue to threaten to fill the Salvation Army buckets with these phony coins he is having printed. I'm sure Robinson will be doing the charity work of printing them for him.

Isn't this illegal, to put garbage in these buckets? Someone with a law degree or an LEO should look into this and come back with an answer.

Anonymous said...

I did 10 nights ringing bells last year with late notice. I thank joe for making people aware that the Salvation Army had to pay people to collect, it worked and people volunteered in droves to do the right thing.

I pledge at least 10 nights this year and more if it is possible. JT's final judge will make it all right when it's time for that deed to be done.

Maybe JT has is out for the Salvation Army because they are the only ones he has not succeeded in bilking out of loafer money, the swine.