Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Letter To The Editor (Concerning Daily Times)

Greg (Daily Times),

Thank you for returning my call. After making many attempts at finding a live body to answer the phone at the Daily Times a dear friend who also happens to be Captain of the Police Dept suggested that I call you.

You took my name, address and number to make sure I won't be getting a paper in the future on Tuesdays. As you said, in the fture the driver will be the one who will be punished if this continues. You seriously need to take a look at the driver who comes to Fruitland. As I told you, I have sat on my porch yelling for her not to toss it out....she looked right at me and did it anyway. Not to mention a finger I got from the driver you had before this one. Both of these drivers saw that I was in a wheelchair and can't pick the paper up on my own. Finger-girl tossed it and laughed.

I'll take you on your word that in two weeks I won't be seeing another paper in my yard.

Thank you,

Kim Marshall

9 comments:

Bob Janeski said...

Kim,
First I want to thank you for all you do for the people of Wicomico County and the City of Fruitland.
Second I want to commend you for sending in you letter and actually posting your name.
So many people are afraid to put their name out there.
Both of the drivers should be terminated and the Times owe you a letter of apology.
Keep up the good work.

Bob Janeski

Anonymous said...

If you asked the driver and the Times not to leave a paper there then they should comply with your request other wise I personally believe they should be charged with littering and the proper fine be administered to them every time they litter your sidewalk with their trash. These papers become a pain in the rear end because they never end up where they should. We used to have the same problem with the News and Advertiser until I caught up with the driver one day.

kStar said...

When I needed to have my paper delivery cancelled it took an act of congress. Even after it was "processed" it took the delivery person two weeks to stop tossing the junk in my yard.

Anonymous said...

And what about the "tank" with the muffler in need of repair that delivers to Eden. This bozo drives through neighborhoods at 5 or 6 in the morning waking everyone with their car that sounds like a tank.

Anonymous said...

What gets delivered on just Tuesdays? What is this lady talking about?

Anonymous said...

It's a Wicomico paper which The Daily Times delivers every other Tuesday.

I went out earlier today. Yesterday's delivery is still laying in front of homes up and down the street. One neighbor has 6 of them in her yard. Isn't that considered littering?

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Recently my Debit Card number was changed due to a breach at the bank, that was 2 months ago. I never gave The Times my new number so these dummies have never been paid and they continue to send me a paper each day. When they send me a payment I'll just say I cancelled it and they forgot to cancell it.

Anonymous said...

Check with your local municipality. I know in Delmar, the town had to talk to Daily Times about this very thing and if I'm not mistaken, they did threaten them with a littering fine.

Anonymous said...

It took us MONTHS AND MONTHS of phone calls to get the Times to stop throwing the free Wicomico Weekly in our yard. In fact, most of the time staff that answered the phone at the DT said they had never heard of the publication... their OWN publication! The only reason they put it out is to charge advertisers more fees for being included in another publication. The driver in Fruitland is the worst... she consistently drives on the wrong side of the road going WAY to fast, throwing her junk paper in people's yards. There are literally PILES of these unwanted papers in front of vacant homes and in the street. Each city should call a stop to this unsolicited junk littering everywhere. If the Times wants to continue to put out the paper no one wants, they should have pay postage and send it via US mail like all other businesses.