Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

THE 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE PERSON




5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts or high.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever tried this?

said...

Yes received the recipe in an email years ago and it is on multiple other websites. It is good.

Reconciled1 said...

Man I gotta try this tonite.

Anonymous said...

Joe...the next time I see you I'm gonna smack the snot out of you for posting this! LOL!

Tim Chaney said...

I've tried this at work. Like any bread or cake from a microwave I thought it was kind of rubbery.

Joe where did you get my recipe? I'm going to have to start copy righting! : )

I didn't like it.

grannydragon said...

Thank goodness I don't keep eggs at my house. The ol' cholesterol thing, ya know. This recipe could really help undo my new figure! 'Cause ya know, sometimes ya just GOTTA have cake!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had cocoa in the house...can you substitute hot chocolate powder?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I thought this was very dense and rubbery as well, not very good. has a good chocolate taste but too rubbery...

Anonymous said...

yum

Tim Chaney said...

I would say I bet it is great baked, I haven't tried that, out of the microwave you need a knife and fork. It's like an ocean sponge.

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried it yet, but plan to tomorrow. My guess is that you cooked it about 40 seconds too long. Remember when you take it out of the microwave, it will continue to cook about 30 seconds longer and we all know what that does with a hot dog roll.

Anonymous said...

5 minute chocolate mug cake -- oh, I'm in trouble now!

Tim Chaney said...

I cooked it 3 minutes in an 800 watt microwave. Good Luck, Bona Petite