Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just How AT RISK Are Your 2nd Amendment Rights?

THE STATES PARTIES,
AWARE of the urgent need to prevent, combat, and eradicate the illicit manufacturing of and trafficking in firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials, due to the harmful effects of these activities on the security of each state and the region as a whole, endangering the well-being of peoples, their social and economic development, and their right to live in peace;
CONCERNED by the increase, at the international level, in the illicit manufacturing of and trafficking in firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials and by the serious problems resulting therefrom;
GO HERE to view the article.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This document scares the living hell out of me. We are about to taken over by these Liberal Extremists.
Only out of my cold dead hands Obama
Ken

Anonymous said...

Let's see... Just how at risk are my Second Amendment rights? Not at all. That's how much. Even if you're self-involved and crazy enough to believe that the Second Amendment endows YOU personally with the right to own weapons, it doesn't endow YOU the right to own assault rifles, grenade launchers, or to carry weapons into public places. I love my two Remington 870 shotguns, my Bushmaster A3 (yep, technically an 'assualt rifle'), and my Beretta 85 pistol, and its not that I WANT them to be outlawed. All that said, I know that when I put on my uniform, attend drill, or get called up to serve my country - when I hold my M16-A4... that's when I'm exercising my Second Amendment rights.

Anonymous said...

Ask the kids at Virginia Tech about Second Amendment right. Or, ask the Mexicans who purchase guns here legally then use them to fight in the drug war in Mexico.

No one is coming to take your guns, regardless of what Glenn Beck and the rest of the noise scream at you every day. Things, however, need to change.

Anonymous said...

for those that 'think' your 2nd is not subject to be taxed and regulated out of control, look up HR 45, and then go to the NRA site and search "encoded ammunition"
then look up what this administration "Holder" classifies as an "assault" weapon, hint: .22 rifles, to shotguns. And yes all this does affect "YOU" if you're a gun owner that pays taxes.
We need not more laws and regulations from nanny government, we need only to enforce those that are currently on the books.

Some of y'all really need to stop listening to MSNBC and read.
Like the guns to mexico post.. geeze. They have 15% American weapons in that war.
And the Va tech... you think that wacko got his gun legally and followed the laws to carry? If he didn't have a gun he would have made a pipe bomb et al.
By your reasoning, a fork made Rosi O'Donnell fat

Anonymous said...

10:04 "This document scares the living hell out of me. We are about to taken over by these Liberal Extremists."

OMG! OMG! We might join the rest of the civilized world! Horrors!!

Anonymous said...

If I can't have a concealed carry permit, does that mean I have to put in a holster on my belt? Because I'm ready for that.