Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is Laura D'Alessandro Just Plain Stupid?

Now you can't just blame Laura D'Alessandro. There is Greg Bassett and Joe Carmean too. You see, in today's Daily Times Article they seem to have CONVENIENTLY forgotten Jim Ireton's name all together.

Now isn't that strange how the Daily Times IMPLIES that Gary Comegys is the front runner for the Mayoral Election, yet he fell behind Jim Ireton by almost 50% of the votes??????

I persoally believe Laura D'Alessandro just doesn't care about what she's doing. This is not just a legendary "Blonde Moment," this is the worst kind of journalism anyone could ever expect. Now mind you, Laura has an Editing Staff that reviews her work and quite frankly chops up and edits her work as well, so it could have been done by Joe Carmean, I don't know.

All I do know is that the few of you left purchasing that paper should take a hard look at just what they're delivering you. Joe Carmean and Greg Bassett clearly have it out for Jim Ireton because he was man enough to challenge them early on. This should give you even more reason to put your vote in for Jim Ireton so he can hopefully blackball that newspaper once in Office. No doubt the Daily Times will come back, we're so sorry Jim, it will never happen again. It's the love/hate relationship they enjoy so much.

I personally think Ireton has enough to sue them and I personally think he would win. However, it wouldn't look good during the election but then again, it might actually look great? Think about it Jim.

I just caught this as well. Where's Jim Ireton on this list as well? This was a vindictive move on the behalf of the Daily Times!

Total votes
These results are not final; some ballots are still outstanding.
Gary Comegys -- 634
Bob Caldwell -- 611
Michael Della Penna -- 150
Shanie Shields -- 82
Cynthia Polk -- 80
Tim Chaney -- 64
Ralph McIntyre -- 27

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Is Laura D'Alessandro Just Plain Stupid?"


She rides around with Obama stickers on her car doesn't she?

Reconciled1 said...

Is it surprising that the Daily Slimes is biased?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is biased, just like SalisburyNews!

Anonymous said...

I would demand a full page retraction/correction if I were Jim.
(Teresa, dont call my house anymore).

Anonymous said...

If they can't give the people correct info, why would anyone want to buy it?
Maybe change their name to Salisbury Enquirer and sell a few.

Anonymous said...

I was soooooo mad when I read this this morning that I threw the stupid paper down. They are so biased, they need to shut down and close.

Anonymous said...

I can understand playing with the numbers so Ireton isn't on top, but to completely leave him off the list...

haha

Anonymous said...

"All the News That's Fit to Omit"

Anonymous said...

When she went to do a movie review when she wrote for the SU Flyer, she forgot to leave the theater at the end and got locked in for the night.

Anonymous said...

I have faith in the folks that voted for Jim Ireton and Bob Caldwell and believe that they will not allow the mayor, or the Daily Times or WICO influence their
will for the betterment of Salisbury.

Anonymous said...

Enough to sue? For what?

Reconciled1 said...

If you feel this blog is so biased, do what I did with the Daily Slime and cancel your "subscription". Take Joes advice, the complaint dept. is the little X in the top right corner

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Does her last name suggest anything about her smarts???

Anonymous said...

I just left carmean a messsage. He of course dont come to the phone. I told him that Jims totals were left off the list AND this makes the newspaper look "poor"...less than poor.

Anonymous said...

I would be willing to bet that Carmean edited it out--I would not be quick to blame D'Alessandro. She has basically been fair so far, but for whatever reason, Carmean has it in for Jim. I'm not so sure this is an example of bias, but that "voter's guide" was atrociously biased. It makes everything the DT says about this race suspect. Please, DT, set aside your personal issues and report the news, don't try to make it. Ask yourselves if you truly are being fair to the candidates.

Anonymous said...

Dear Daily Times,
News is News no matter what happens. Your editors may not like it but it IS the News! Editors should be there for typos, gramatical and spelling errors. NOT to omit half of a story or misquote someone because they do not believe it themselves. I have actually seen a wife left out of of an obituary in the past and she was listed first! If I ever write another letter, it BETTER be placed in the paper EXACTLY as I wrote it! And I mean word for word...do you get that Daily Times? I don't even subscribe to you but it comes to work everyday and I read it. Tell your Boss that more people need to be hired because you can't even see the pictures clearly! The paper is a total mess! So far, the best employees that I can see, are the ones that deliver it and then my Mom has to go to the store to buy one because her's was NOT delivered but at least..they try which is more than I can say for the man in charge, editors and reporters. The other good employees are the ones who work in the back rooms who are out of sight I guess.

Anonymous said...

WBOC has the same story, pretty much, and leaves Ireton's name out as well.

joe albero said...

anonymous 5:40, you're 100% wrong. Go here and see for yourself. http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=9973021

joe albero said...

In fact, it says, "Mayoral candidate Jim Ireton is on top with 934 votes. Second place candidate Gary Comegys, who late last week was neck and neck with third place contender Bob Caldwell by just 13 votes, has extended his lead by 23."

NICE TRY!

Anonymous said...

I hear Joe Carmean is the worst.

Isn't he the one who used to write all the sappy stuff about Mike Dunn?

I wish we had a real newspaper around here. Seems like every election, the Daily Times tries to create news and stir the pot.

Chimera said...

LOL my neighbor started getting the Times and I asked her why....you are gonna love her answer.
"Summer is coming,and we need newspaper to eat crabs on!"

Anonymous said...

Greg Bassett was an arrogant jerk in high school, and it seems little has changed

Anonymous said...

6:29-

Carmean also tried to get Debbie Campbell defeated when she ran against Michael Day in 2005. We're sure lucky that sabotage effort, assisted by Dunn, Cathcart and Comegys, failed.

Anonymous said...

Is Laura D'Alessandro related to Nancy Pelosi nee D'Alessandro? If so, that would explain a great deal.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, You are right, Joe, and I was wrong. the text is almost identical except for that one sentence, and I glazed right over it for that reason, I guess.
Maybe the Times copied and pasted it and just deleted that one line.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Greg Bassett was an arrogant jerk in high school, and it seems little has changed

7:31 PM

Speaking of Gregory has his wife found gainful employment since Andy Harris sent her to the Unemployment line?