Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Arrest Warrants Obtained In Seaford Shooting


Seaford – The Delaware State Police have obtained arrest warrants for Michael R. Brewer, 30 of Ellendale for the shooting that occurred in Dove Estates over the weekend.

During the investigation, detectives learned from some of the occupants inside the home when the shooting occurred that Brewer was one of the subjects who was involved. Witnesses informed police that they knew Brewer and observed him arrive at the home in his white Acura vehicle. They saw him exit the vehicle without a shirt on and walk around the back of the home.

Moreover, witnesses observed Brewer at the rear door of the home yelling that he wanted the guy who was responsible for the fight that occurred earlier that evening to come outside. Shortly afterward shots were fired through the rear door into the home.

As a result of these developments, arrest warrants have been obtained for Brewer for Assault 1st Degree, Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, Possession of Ammunition by Person Prohibited, 2 counts of Reckless Endangering 1st Degree and 3 counts of Criminal Mischief.

Police are unable to locate him and are seeking the public’s assistance. Anyone with information of his whereabouts or any other persons involved in the crime are urged to contact detectives at Troop 4 at 302.865.5850 ext. 222 or Crime Stoppers at 1.800.TIP.3333.

Brewer should be considered armed and dangerous.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Speaking of crime in Delaware. Recently a suspect was wanted in Delaware on rape and kidnapping. The criminals name is Jason Neff. DSP was searching for this individual since July 2008. After being profiled on WBOC, I just randomly did a search on Google. I found this suspects MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/79658181). After searching and reading his MySpace I found out where he worked. He worked Arby's on Philadelphia Pike in Claymont.
I immediately went online to tipsubmit.com and filled out a tip information form.
I then called 911 (New Castle County) and told them that I saw an individual on the news who was wanted for rape. They instructed me to hang up and call Smyrna Police Department because that's where the crime took place. I called Smyrna Police Department, they said they had no knowledge of the case and since Jason Neff was seen in Claymont to call Delaware State Police Troop 1 in Talleyville Delaware. I called them and told them of my findings. They instructed me that the detective who was searching for Jason Neff was out of Troop 3 in Dover, Delaware, and, I should call them. I called Troop 3 and they forwarded me to a voicemail box. I left a voicemail.
Now by the time all this had happened the suspect clocked out and disappeared for a few days.
After DSP did surveillance of the restaurant he was arrested.
This was about 2 weeks ago. Since there was an award being offered by Delaware Crime Solvers I decided to take them up on their offer. So I called with my case number. For 4 days there is no answer at Crime Solvers. I called again and he said call back in 5 days. So I called today, he said your tip has been verified. He said we are unable to deliver it to you (as is standard). So I drove over an hour to pick up this "reward" I got there, initialed a piece of paper, got a wad of money, about $100.00 dollars.
Now why I realize it's my civic duty to uphold and maintain criminal laws I could have just easily read the story and click on something else but, I didn't. I took time out of my life to search the internet, figure out where he works, and to call 5 different police agencies. I drove to the Arby's to see if he was there. I followed through with the detective for 3 days.
The person was wanted for 7 months on felony warrants due to RAPE and KIDNAPPING. He raped his male family member for FIVE (5) YEARS!
If Crime Solvers would had told me that it was only $100 I wouldn't have driven an hour. Times are hard and I'll take just whatever money I can.
In the long run I'm glad this criminal is off the streets and no longer being a problem to society but to DSP, NCCPD, Delaware Crime Solvers, and to whomever else cares, you cannot really expect to hand criminals over to you for nothing.
I don't intend to sound greedy at all but a $100.00 reward?

Anonymous said...

Sad, but thats why people has stop snitching.. you had to go through all that.

Anonymous said...

Peeple need to stop blaming all the crime on black men.

Anonymous said...

Black men need to quit committing crimes.

Anonymous said...

They cannot help it,it is in their genes,especially when their car stereo's are blasting it in their head with katumpa bump bump,katuma bump bump bump as they cruise the hiway at 80 mph in da Acura.