Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Today's Daily Times Grapevine, Pot Calls Kettle Black

"The trouble with blogs

I completely agree that the blogs are destructive and worthless. I heard about and read them for about two months. I learned most of it was untrue -- just people causing trouble, not stating investigated fact. There's little intelligent investigation into what's posted on them. It's obvious that local politicians use blogs to stir up trouble for their agendas. These politicians should have to put their own opinions on this out there.

When will we ban these bloggers from posting lies about people? Some blog owners post the most ridiculous and outrageous mistruths. Is there anyone who hasn't been attacked?"


Do YOU find it interesting that the Daily Times is printing in the Grapevine the exact same thing they accuse the Blogs of? Go ahead and readf the comments posted in the Grapevine and then I'll comment some more at the end.

Dagnabit wrote:

Oh my the Barrie=Gary folks are running scared again. Just like Barrie Tilghman to start bashing the blogs during Gary's campaign for mayor. Must we constantly remind you sheeple that it was Barrie Tilghman that opened the eyes of the citizenry to the blogs? It was Barrie Tilghman that created Joe Albero now she doesn't know how to handle what she created. Much like the ghetto formerly known as Salisbury, she also created during her tenure as mayor. If the administration didn't have so much to hide they wouldn't be concerned with bloggers. Instead they use the Tilghman Times to spread their vindictiveness and lies. So, what is the difference in the blogs and the DT? Barrie Tilghman controls the DT, she and her cronies can't control the blogs, that is the difference.

lissylou wrote:

Ban the bloggers?????? 1. Blogs are protected by the 1st amendment.
2. Why do you not want to hear the truth and not be spoon fed pure crap like the rest of America?

cgilbert1 wrote:

Yes, the blogs are generally very opinionated. However, since you read the DT you should realize that the DT and all MSM are also very opinionated. There is no investigative reporting done in any of the local media. Any articles published are done so with the approval of the editor, so it is all based on his or her opinion of what should be reported. It is up to the reader to try to sort out what, if anything, is being reported with truth and accuracy. In my opinion, none of it is. Most is half (or less) true, and very little of the major articles locally reported are anywhere near being 100% accurate.
1/1/2009 8:31:58 AM

zazu9999 wrote:

" What does the cyber-bully have to gain by targeting the mayor of Salisbury, MD when he in fact lives in Delmar, DE? "

Well, since he owns business/rental real estate right in downtown Salisbury, I'd say he has alot to gain by exposing the mismanagement of this city by Barrie and her friends.

"Could it be Debbie Campbell? It's no secret she and the mayor have a less than cordial relationship."

It's hard for Debbie to have a cordial relationship with a someone as underhanded as the current mayor. As far as the relationship between Councilwoman Campbell and Joe Albero, I'd say it can best be described with the old proverb "The enemy of my enemy is my friend/"
1/1/2009 4:11:58 PM

zazu9999 wrote:

"What I do have a problem with is when they use them to bully others or slap some ridiculous story up and claim it to be factual news."

Which is what the DT has done in the past. So what is the difference?
1/1/2009 4:04:30 PM

zazu9999 wrote:

"When will we ban these bloggers from posting lies about people?"

The same day we ban newspapers and websites and TV stations from telling lies about about people. You have to use discretion and question everything you hear from any source.

"Some blog owners post the most ridiculous and outrageous mistruths."

So do some newspapers. The blogs have exposed alot of facts that those in power wanted to hide. Say what you want about Joe Albero. He is far from perfect. But it is undeniable that his exposure of things about Salisbury and it's goverment, that those in power wanted to hide, that has driven Mayor Tilghman into retirement.

"Is there anyone who hasn't been attacked?"

YES. Have you noticed that there is no one who dares to write an anti- Campbell, and anti-Cohen, or an anti-Ireton blog? They have many enemies that would love to see the status quo remain in this city. But when you stick with the truth and the facts, you are hard to attack.
1/1/2009 4:00:27 PM

zazu9999 wrote:

"I learned most of it was untrue -- just people causing trouble, not stating investigated fact. There's little intelligent investigation into what's posted on them. It's obvious that local politicians use blogs to stir up trouble for their agendas."

Untrue? Unreliable? Compared to what? How about this news outlet-- that just spouts the propaganda of the Tilghman administration! Let me remind everyone again the it was THE DT that published a pack of lies about Tim Spies- in a blatent and successful attempt to to get their buddy Gary Comegys re-elected- right before election day, with to time for rebuttal thru any traditional news out let.

What sort of political dirty tricks does the Tilghman Times got up their sleeves for this election? The blogs are far from perfect, but they are the only way to get information out there when the local MSM is not objective, and has a political agenda of their own.
1/1/2009 3:44:41 PM

OK, since a friend red flagged this information to me this evening I thought I'd make the following statement. Was I lying about the WWTP and the illegal Sludge Pit and all the other illegal violations found there? Was it not Barrie Tilghman who stated publicly that they were 100% compliant there? Was it not Barrie Tilghman who claimed time and time again she took full responsibility?

How about all the sewage spills I exposed over the years. Was I lying about those too? How about the dead animals alll over the Zoo, was I lying about that? Was I lying when I said Zoo Director Jim Rapp jumped on the hood of a truck and urinated on the windshield to defrost it while there were females inside the vehicle, some of which worked at the Zoo? Was I lying when I put up the audio files for the KC Tilghman / Rachel Polk Trial? Was I lying about all the Graffiti all over Downtown Salisbury? How about the illegal pipes draining into the Wicomico River at the Zoo. Then there's that Reverse Flow Valve where the main sewage line in Salisbury was running through the Zoo and human waste was backflowing into exhibits and ultimately into the River at the Zoo. They had to install that valvue to guarantee it would never happen again, yet it wasn't printed in the Daily Times as being a problem in the past.

Look, I could go on and on throughout the three years I have been exposing wrong doings within the City of Salisbury. Certainly and especially around election time the Mayor and many others will once again promote the Blogs and as it was printed last week in the Daily Times, that nasty Joe Albero and the Dirty Dozen. Certainly they're going to bash us anywhere and everywhere they can. What I think is so stupid of the Daily Times and the Tilghman Administration is that this has failed them year after year and trust me Folks, I have the major hits/visitors at Salisbury News each and every day.

They want to connect Debbie Campbell & Terry Cohen to Joe Albero, so be it. Perhaps they should add, Rick Pollitt, John Cannon, Stevie Prettyman, Mike Lewis, Andy Harris, Jim Fineran, Fernando Guerrero, Hal Chernoff, the Salvation Army, the Humane Society, shall I go on? The way I see it is, Gary Comegys was a part of the Humane Society as President for many years, did HE adopt out as many animals in his many years there as I have in a few months? If YOU can't respect the names above as honorable men and women of this community, I don't know what to tell you. Debbie and Terry don't deserve these kind of attacks but don't you find it interesting how Debbie is getting ready to run for her second term and they want to connect them with Joe Albero? Please, I beg of you and I have asked this question over and over again and get no response. Please tell me what Barrie Tilghman has done good for the City of Salisbury in the past 12 years? I can receipt numerous things the above names have done for our community. Please entertain me with her successes.

I'm not going to sit here and play a Saint. I have been ONE MAN fighting against the Daily TGimes AND the Tilghman Administration for the rights of the Citizens of Salisbury. I have been arrested numerous times for BS charges and I have had to front over $150,000.00 in CASH for legal representation. Like Joe Albero or not, what exactly am I gaining from doing all of this Folks? Does the Daily Times just not get it? Are they simply that stupid to believe if you bash someone enough that they'll simply go away? For many that may work but for this Bronx Man, they pushed the wrong button and I have watched FAR too many of my associated, (the Dirty Dozen) get trampled on and lose.

Salisbury News is an alternative, by choice! No one is charging you to visit. No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing thousands upon thousands of people to come here each and every day! Some say, you get what you pay for. Salisbury News is FREE! If you don't like it here, don't come back.

Some continue to bash me anonymously, that's their right. However, NOT ONE of them will do so with their name attached to it, that's how scared they are of me. You can easily assume some of these people could be the Mayor and Police Chief themselves, right? Just what kind of recourse would I have IF one of them actually had the balls to put their name on their comments. Joe Albero has the balls because I can back what I state, they can't! So call me a liar all you want. Bash me all you want. There was a time when the Citizens would believe ANYTHING the Daily Times printed or the Mayor stated. Those days are GONE and those are the top reasons why there's so much negativity out there about me.

On a final note. IF I was doing such a poor job and IF I was so wrong all the time, where are all the lawsuits? A Mayor who is an Elected Public Figure sues a Taxpayer for his opinion? Have that many of you forgotten your rights here in America? Does everyone remember when my Father In Law would write a Letter to the Editor of the Daily Times for years and at the very end they would say, Art Goetz is the Father of Jennifer Albero who is suing the City of Salisbury? Are you people that stupid! They have had an agenda for Barrie Tilghman for YEARS! There was no reason for them to put that information out there unless they were kissing the Mayors Axx!

This Mayor of Salisbury is not running again for Office because she knows the majority of the Citizens have been reading Salisbury News and they know the truth now. Some people can't handle the truth and Barrie Tilghman is one of those people.

I'm not here to be your best friend. I don't have this Blog to force everyone to believe every word I produce. I am here to open your minds. I am here to be a part of the solutions and walk the walk. My name is on the line here every single day, which is more than I can say about the Mayor of Salisbury using the Daily Times as her tool to take good people down. What this Mayor did to Tim Spies in the last election was about the most sickening and desperate move I have ever seen her make. Shame on the Daily Times for continuing to push that agenda and I for one am very proud of the fact that my readership is as good, if not better than the Daily Times and their impact on others is at least questionable now.

The mere fact the Daily Times refuses to put up www.sbynews.com on the comments on their Site clearly shows you just how afraid they are of one man with a Blog. The Citizens are winning and the Tilghman Administration is crumbling. Thanks for your support Folks. Long Live The Blogs!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in agreement Of "LONG LIVE THE BLOGS" yet I to have fallen victem of the opinionated forum here.

Several monthes ago I posted a blog concerning the death of my son. He was killed by a guy not paying attention while driving.

Instead of you posting that the States Attorny failed in his job to bring this guy up on homicide or manslaughter charges you decided to defend the SA .

I wish that you had the ability to place your self in my shoes. Would you really defend those that refused to let a jury decide if your sons death was to go un-atoned.

Its a great responsibility you have taken on to post the news. And I have respect for you for that. But if informing the public of wrongs is your goal than dont be discriminating about what is wrong and what is right because of who is involved .

You do have a certain amount of influence on how a person will feel about a certain incident weather you agree or not. But it is not your job and I understand that it is a choice of yours to sway public opinion or not. Personally I would of not even tryed to imagine anything as terrible to happen to my self. But It Did.

If your goal is to make wrongs right, then you can not choose what you write just because it is negitive against those you favor.

I cant think of one person , unless you have done it , who would think that a guy can kill a person with out doing some jail time is acceptable.

It isnt about getting even, cause there is none, its about being held responsible for what was done.

And I beleived that your blog site was all about responsibility ? I guess I was mis-taken . I will not contribute or indorse any place that does not have a set of eithics that would allow a dope head to get away with killing a person. Gradulations , you lost my support.

Tidewaterbound said...

Yes, "Long Live the Blogs"...

Following Mel Toadvine's exit from the DT's...Mel Toadvine was a man I thought the world of, and when he lost his father, I sent him a condolence email, part of which he used in his eulogy at his father's funeral, he was a man who reached out, supported others and encouraged them.

Mel sent me to Greg Bassett who had little time for any local writers offerings, who turned me over to Charlie Paparella, then heading up the now defunct e-zine, The Shore Journal.

Everything in the area was slowly coming apart at the seams, few realized it at the time. It's not just Salisbury or Barrie Tilghman, an embarrassment who ever even pushed forth such a mug or a platform, she's a greedy woman with an agenda and we've ALLOWED her to be such.

The shame is on US, not them.

We in the area, not just the city but the county have to take it BACK.

joe albero said...

There's no question your loss was one in which no one who reads this Blog can truly understand unless they experienced it themself.

That being said, even immediate family members disagreed with you on how the States Attorney and Judge handled that case. Joe Albero cannot change that and you know that.

Was it fair? I don't truly know. Was it right? I can't answer that either. You came to me with a story and I shared my concern of your doing so but you wanted it out there and we agreed to allow you to express it.

The fact that others disagreed with you is not my fault either. You should consider doing things in your son's name and hopefully forgive the young man that caused you so much pain and suffering.

Man, I wish I had the words to truly express how much I feel for you. I'll close with this. I have to agree in your situation the Blog hasn't been very fair to you and your situation and I'm truly sorry for that. I'll add, I don't believe things would have been any different if it were a letter to the editor in the daily times. Those same people would have commented there but I'll be wiser the next go around as to deciding if I'd put up another story similar to yours. Remember, we're not selling papers here and I never expected the outcome your story brought forth.

Good luck to you and please try to forgive that young man.

Jason S. said...

Good job Joe...you got they're panties all bunched up yet and again!
:)

Someone needs to do it. And I'm glad it's you!

Anonymous said...

VIVA SBYNEWS

Thanks for another year of exposing Barrie and Bubbs'a BS.

Anonymous said...

I feel the frustration that this man is feeling about the story of his son on a slightly different level.

While I agree that Joe Albero is only one man and he tries to tell the stories to the best of his ability, People should also know that the blog is run through his perspective. And, you should also know, that his perspective is subject to change. He may feel one way one day and another the next.

In example, several months ago Joe was posting all kinds of stories regarding the corruption and short comings of the Humane Society. We'll leave that example at that.

Also, there are plenty of sides to stories that are being denied as this blog is subjected to "comment moderation." So, it's safe to say if Joe doesn't like what you have to say, chances are the rest of us won't hear it anyway.

In summary, you as the reader have to take some responsibility as well. The blogs are not always exact in facts (though I think Joe works hard to do his best), but you as the reader have to remember to keep an open mind that sometimes things aren't always what they seem -- in the MSM and on the blogs. Nothing is perfect. There are flaws in both. Understanding that, I choose the flaws of the blog any day. Read responsibly.

Anonymous said...

It's fine to just post opinions, but if you pretend to report news, then at least report relevant news stories including the ones about your friends, not just your percieved enemies.

joe albero said...

anonymous 7:09,

Let me defend my position referencing the Humane Society.

I went through MAJOR hoops trying to assure the wrong doings of the Humance Society were completely fixed. If you are who I thingk you are, you cannot deny that.

While I was disappointed in how the County Executive's Office handled the situations, the one thing you and I agreed upon was, this was about the animals, NOT personalities.

I contacted you recently and expressed what the Authorities chose to do in this case and quite frankly we were ALL pleased with the outcome.

I'm a bit disappointed that you would make such a comment and let me explain why. While the general public has NO CLUE what you and I are talking about here, hopefully they get the drift that some major things were wrong there, it was brought to my attention, I exposed it to the proper authorities, the PRESIDENT of the Humane Society IMMEDIATELY resigned, (Gary Comegys) and special people were brought in to assure this would never happen again.

Again, IF this were about the animals, I would expect that you would be VERY pleased with the outcome?

Once certain people realized just how serious a problem there was there, I had a one on one meeting with Linda Lugo and rather than pounding my chest and the two of us ending up like Mayor Tilghman or Chief Webster and me, we chose to take the high road instead. That is when I offered to promote and animals there and PROVE to everyone, (who knew about the situation there) that Joe Albero wasn't just about exposing things and beatiung people up. I wanted to be a part of the solution. Is this sounding familiar to everyone now, hence the Salvation Army? I would have done the exact same thing with the Zoo and if ANYONE would like to actually know what "I DID" for the Zoo and even Jim Rapp when "I" chose to remove myself from the Zoo for two years, you can contact Davis Ruark and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to explain how decent a guy I was in that whole thing too. While I was doing some really cool things for the animals at the Zoo, the Mayor was out pounding her chest acting like the City had beat Joe Albero and she couldn't be further from the truth. It was NEVER about winning and losing between the Mayor and I or Jim Rapp or Chief Webster and so forth. It was ALWAYS about the animals and what was right for them.

Anyhow, my problem with your comment is, I did exactly what I said I would do, you can't argue that. However, because I have worked with the Humane Society to help adopt animals and give them good, qualified homes, you're upset with ME? That makes no sense, unless your goal truly wasn't about the animals and you just wanted top see people hurt? I will say this. Some people are no longer there and if you did a little checking, those are the people you had issues with anyway. So again, I would think you'd be pleased.

Anyhow, there's LOTS of things the general public doesn't know about me and what I do for the City/County. I mentioned a lot of names in this Post and I could have named a whole lot more. Nevertheless, those names are there because each and every one of them know what my intent is. I have a tough guy Blog that fights some of the big names in Salisbury. However, show me where I haven't given back, ANYWHERE. Even Barrie Tilghman knows the good I do. Heck, Chief Webster even knows how big a favor I did for him too. He'll never admit it but he and I know what it is. Anyhow, I hope that helps relieve your differences with the Humane Society. I was NOT at all pleased with what was going on, it's over, it's fixed, the animals are better off, Comegys is now gone and quite frankly I saved his ass by not exposing that whole thing and bringing him down in the Mayoral Election over it too. YOU OWE ME GARY! LOL, just kidding. I may still use it down the road, we'll see.

joe albero said...

anonymous 7:42,

You know, my ex wife used to have selective hearing and understanding. Obviously you must be related because if you can't see my doing so, you're blind or can't read and come here for the pictures only.

Anonymous said...

Joe Albero,
The more I read your blog the more I like you as I do my brothers.
I agree with your posts sometimes.
I'm elated at your work sometimes
I'm pissed off at you sometimes
I want to punch you out sometimes
That being said, your a good man with a good heart and honest. That is what earns my respect.

joe albero said...

anonymous 7:49,

A man can never have too many Brothers, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Americans are so strung out on the main stream media, it is very difficult to spread truth. Truth about even basic topics is usually rejected out of hand. Most people simply do not appreciate the level of subterfuge to which we have been subjected. It is very difficult to accept the reality that this Nation has been brought down from within the halls of its congress.

joe albero said...

There was one thing I wanted to add to this Post that I thought you should hear.

Joe Albero stood in front of PAC 14 with a check in hand for $250,000.00 to purchase the old Fire Station 16. The Mayor, Comegys, Dunn, Cathcart & Shields wanted to GIVE that building away to Bill Ahtes and his ALLEGED Theater Group. You remember, the ones that were GIFTED the old Blvd Theater and allegedly raised hundreds of thousands of dollars and NEVER renovated, ultimately SELLING the building in the end and pocketing the money.

I firmly believe if I had not made that offer and the Citizens were CLUELESS about its value, it would have gone to that group and they would be out there, (AGAIN) in a bad economy perhaps never raising the funds again to finish their alleged project.

While the building may still be sitting there doing nothing, at least the taxpayers still own it and when the new Administration comes in a better decision can be made as to what to do with it.

By the way, sorry for all the spelling errors in the Post. I'll try to get back to it and correct them. It was long and I had many things to do.

Anonymous said...

I agree that blogs are much more informative and interesting than news papers like the Times.
But in all fairness, the news papers make much better table covering for eating crabs!
Polly Markis

joe albero said...

Someone just tried to make a comment in which I rejected in its format but let me rearrange it and answer it how I see fit.

"Why don't you smear your own family and friends?"

You're kidding me, right? Idiot!

"You won't post anything about your stepsons record in the judiciary search."

Folks, I have a Step Son who has gotten himself into trouble doing some stupid sh!t. He got pulled over doing 35 mph in the slow lane on Rt 50 heading to Ocean City. He got a DUI and hasn't driven in more than a year. He went to ALL of his classes, jusyt finished them as a matter of fact last week. He now has his drivers license back but still doesn't drive because he chooses not to. All that being said, this is our Son who has just joined the Marines BECAUSE HE CHOSE TO DO SO! He leaves March 23rd and I'm very proud to call him my Step Son and more importantly I'm proud of this young man to make such an unconditional decision to follow in his Grandfathers footsteps and become a Marine. To Mr. Anonymous, that's a MAN for you and trust me, he'll pay his dues for his youth. How about you, you pussy?

"Did someone in your household not pay child support?"

Oh, I'm going to enjoy this one. First of all, as much as these Anti Albero Bloggers would LOVE to have this kind of dirt on me, I always paid my child support, nevver missed a beat. However, while my Wife was raising her three boys, her ex husband's new Wife, to whom he was cheating on my Wife when they were married back in the day worked in the Court House and delayed child support for a very long time. When my Wife challenged him in Maryland Court, he claimed residence in Delaware and the courts threw out his case and sent it to Delaware. Delaware refused to recognize Maryland so the entire time they played the game, that pussy refused to pay his child support and Delaware said my Wife had to go back to Maryland to collect what hadn't been paid. When she did, they played the game and although he was supposed to pay her it never happened and in the end wwe learned too much time had passed and she couldn't collect the money. So her pussy of a husband didn't cheat my ex wife, he cheated his own children.

Then, while we were raising these kids, we had some trouble with the youngest one and one day my Wife simply took him to his fathers house and dropped him off. After all, he never saw his kids and rarely ever did anything with them, besides drinking with them on Christmas day. Wouldn't you know it, one day we get a notice in the mail, (remember, his new Wife works for the Court System) stating she owed this Idiot child support. He wasn't man enough to recognize he had owed my Wife back child support for two kids for more than a year, he thought, you're married to a rich guy now, send me some money. While I offered to pay the money my Wife, (hard headed and raised by a Marine) chose to fight it. Well, one day she shows up in Court and I sear to you, the Judge was told how wealthy I was by her ex and the Judgge said, do you have the money to pay? She replied, NO. Mind you, she had just herniated 3 disks in her back and couldn't work at the time with the Zoo and the Judge said, your Husband has the money, get him to pay it. She explained how this child wasn't my Son and I shouldn't have to pay. The Judge didn't care and threatened to lock her up in Jail right then and there for 3 months of child support.

So, yes, my Wife absolutely failed to pay child support but if itmakes you feel any better I went right in there and oaid them off immediately. She's a MONSTER. isn't she?

"You try to influence others but it does not work because SMART people know what your agenda is."

I'll tell you what Folks. How about YOU answer this question for this Idiot. He obviously comes here to look at pictures and can't read but you have fun with them instead.

Anonymous said...

Joe - why do you need to defend yourself? You only allow comments that defend you.

UNBIASED site at it's best, huh??

joe albero said...

anonymous 8:37,

I don't think I'm defending myself. I believe I'm explaining my position. If someone comes to you and says something that isn't right and you want to set the record straight, you do so by explaining your position, right or wrong.

You're just flat out wrong stating I only allow comments that defend me. Who are you anyway, Barrie Tilghman? Can you people believe these nay sayers refuse to use their real name and then accuse me of doing such things? Get over yourselves any more. It's not working and people clearly see the games you're playing. Besides, look at the volume of comments posted on this Site every day. Use your head.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm pretty sure you won't post this, but I am going to say it anyway. Either you aren't telling the truth about the child support issue, or you were had.

If there was an order in the State of Maryland, there is a 12 year statute of limitations for the enforcement of child support. Also, if there was an order already in place, Delaware would have no reason not to register the foreign order.
If there was not an order, I do not believe that Delaware would not have heard the case and ruled on it.
As far as the judge arresting you wife for failure to pay, he couldn't have done that without an initial order. She wouldn't have simply gone to court and be threatened like that. Usually there is some mediation in Maryland and then if the parties cannot agree, a court date is set for a ruling. You are only required to pay court ordered support after that ruling has been made. Now, if there was an order in place to pay him, she would have known about it and to not pay is against the law and the judge would have had every right to have thrown her in the slammer. Deadbeat Dads get treated like that all the time.
You weren't dumb enough to go to court without counsel were you?

joe albero said...

anonymous 9:40,

Perhaps you neglected to notice I said his current wife worked in the Court House? I have nothing to hide and quite frankly, we're talking about a few months of child support in which my Wife, (being hard heaqded on that particular issue) felt since he owed her, she shouldn't have to pay. Of course she knew about the order and that's why she showed up for court. Neither party had an attorney, although I offered to provide one. Her ex husband was more than willing to have her go to jail, yet he never fulfilled his commitments with his kids when they originally got divorced.

I will say, all of it is in the past and hopefully the two of them simply learned from their experience and moved on.

As for her not getting child support when she was first divorced, again, his new wife worked in the court house and they pretty much treated my Wife like dirt any time she attempted to get what was due for her children.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you did say that she worked there. Perhaps I just find it difficult to believe that someone has so much pull in the arrangement of the docket.
I realize that she didn't feel she had to pay and quite honestly, I'd feel the same way. But the law is the law. I'm wondering since you know first hand that there are different circumstances surrounding every case, why is it that you always think the worst about everyone else? It should be as obvious to you, as it is to me, that things aren't always as they seem.
Either way, it is on the past. Hindsight is always 20/20.

joe albero said...

I'll tell you why I feel the way I do. Because, respectfully, you come off as an expert in this field, yet I know first hand your wrong. I know a 36 year old kid who has been a father since he was 18 years old. He has NEVER paid child support. He has never lost his license and he's never been to jail. The mother has paid $30.00 a MONTH and that's maybe 2 months out of the year. The system as you talk about doesn't work! Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

In reference to the earlier part, you better believe there's ways to work the system from the inside. Like you and I have both said, it's in the past, no hard feelings, we move on.

Anonymous said...

Yes, there are always people who don't pay because they are selfish and only of themselves even though they have the means to pay. There are those who don't feel they should have to pay because of circumstances like your wife's. Or perhaps, the custodial parent is withholding the child from visitation. Or the non-custodial parent doesn't feel their money is being used for the welfare of their child. Then there are those who can't pay or can't pay what their order says they must. We are going to see a lot of these cases soon and it will be the children who suffer.
I am only suggesting that before you call someone a deadbeat in the future (for child support, foreclosure,bankruptcy etc.), you should consider the circumstances. They may not be so different from your life experiences.
I believe that this is an area where you receive much criticism. In this New Year and with many people falling from grace (rich and poor alike) as a result of our economy, I just thought it would be nice for you to lay off some of the posts which chastise the less fortunate. Just think, "There but for the grace of God, goes [I]"
That was really my only point. Have a great 2009!

Anonymous said...

People who have never been involved in the child support/domestic legal system would never believe what really goes on, there.

The children come last - that's the absolute rule in these systems with these mountainously unjust decision-makers. Reponsible parents are pounded into bankruptcy while corrupt and abusive parents are encouraged to become dysfunctionally competitive and vindictive.

Sounds impossible that our tax dollars are paying for an inept Social Services and Judges who behave this way. Sounds impossible, but only if you've never been there.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I love what you do and the blog, but I do think that some of the responders post hate and tribble - and that should be controlled.

Anonymous said...

Here is one thing I am not hearing in your comments, and that is they are Joe's Blogs and he has a right to say anything he wants on HIS blogs. I do not always agree on everything he writes but I will fight for his right to write what he wants to on HIS blogs.

Wanda L. Disharoonruing

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you thought the point of my post was about the Humane Society. It really wasn't. However, I will say if you think everything is "fixed" you are naive. It is what it is. My only point was that it makes you appear as a "flip flopper" (for lack of a better term). And, I think someday you'll realize you've been snowed.

I'm not who you apparently think I am. In knowing that, I realize, as should others, that there are more people who share my opinion than you'd like to believe. And, we can't all be wrong. JMO. As for it being about the animals, I do what I can for them. That hasn't changed. I'm not going to list my contributions, but I rest easy knowing that I will continue to do what I can for them on many levels.

Back to the real point, it's your blog. Do what you like. If there are readers who don't like it, they don't have to read it.

Anonymous said...

The DT printing that Grapevine comment was probably the best indicator I have seen of just how out of touvh and arrogant the editorial staff there really is.

The garbage printed in the Grapevine ranges from mildly amusing to downright ludicrous.

While I do not always agree with your points of view, I do recognize that you actually research your topics and opine from an informed point of view.

I have lived here for 15 years now and over that period of time I have watched the DT steadily deteriorate almost to the point of irrelevance....Grapevine is the poster child for that slide.

Anonymous said...

Joe, if you're so for the blogs and the 1st amendment, then why are you against any blog that goes against you? Why are you against the blogs who try to expose you for what you really are? That's their 1st amendment right if that is their opinion. Seems like you want the constitution to have a double standard.

joe albero said...

Jack, I have no problem with the Anti Albero Bloggers saying things about me. I have a major problem when they get so childish to attack my 7 year old Grandson, my Wife and my 80 year old In Laws.

If you can't respect that, then you're just coming on here trying to talk sweet in the hopes people will accept you. However, keep my Wife, Family and Grandson out of it.

Here's my other issue. You see, I'm man enough to put my name on the line in every Post and comment. When these people grow balls and start using their real names I'll respect them as honorable people, not liars and scumbags.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I understand and agree that it would be upsetting to post nasty things about your family. However, you are guilty of the same thing. You posted several things in the past that have gone after family members who had NOTHING to do with your observations of City government. Again, I must ask, are you being a hypocrite, or does the Constitution only work for you?

Perhaps the only reason those bloggers use another identity is because of your past with trashing people's families when they have spoken out against you.

joe albero said...

OK Jack, you obviously claim to follow this Blog pretty well, if you say I have done so to others.

Why don't you stop talking shit and DELIVER those who I have gone after on this Blog.

I'll be sitting here all day waiting for you to answer that one. While you Anti Albero Bloggers continue to make such claims, bring it on. You see, this hasn't happened unless it was an eye for an eye on another Blog.

Now let's show everyone just how full of shit you are.

Anonymous said...

No, actually, when the anti-albero blogs started to stalk you like you did city officials, that is when you went on the attack. You were the first one to bring in family members of those who were blogging against you. Lucky for you, people can't see back that far on your blog. But some of us remember what really happened.

Joe I have no dog in this fight, I do not agree with what you have to say at times and I don't agree with the anti-albero vulgarity. However, I think most of this you brought on yourself.

You claim to be so much better than the "other guys", however, you just admitted you would do it eye for an eye. So you're admitting you stoop to that level with attacking family members? Your flip-flopping confuses me.

Also, from what I have been hearing, there's something big brewing that these anti-albero blogs have gone underground. Or did you finally scare a few of them off?

Anonymous said...

"On a final note. IF I was doing such a poor job and IF I was so wrong all the time, where are all the lawsuits?" - Funny, i thought there were lawsuits. 2 or 3 not enough? I've never been in court. Nor my wife, our family or friends. Joe, you don't see what's right in front of your face.

joe albero said...

I knew you were a lying sack of shit Jack.

You can't name a single person because it didn't happen. Oh, by the way, you can pull up any article you want from this Blog. Just type in the alleged name you claim on the home page in the top left corner and it will give you whatever you want all the way back to 2006.

As foran Anti Albero Blogger stalking me, that's funny, I never knew they had. However, thanks for the evidence that they had. I'm sure the authorities will enjoy having that update as well.

Oh, here's yet another challenge for you. Prove to everyone here that I EVER stalked anyone. Come on now big mnouth. Put your money where your mouth is. I'm allowing your comments. Let's see it.

joe albero said...

anonymous 12:03, or Jack, I'll assume,

Let's look at those lawsuits, shall we. The Mayoir and Chief Webster were behind the perjury case, we have witnesses to such and it should come out in the Mayors case against me later this month.

Secondly, the Chief's case against me ended on NON MONETARY TERMS. Do YOU happen to know what that means Jack? It means a guy hired attorneys and spent a year or so coming after me and got NOTHING! Just in case you need a little help there Jack.

The Mayors case comes up at the end of the month and I so look forward to going one on one with her, I can taste it. To act like you believe in your freedom of speech and then bring up these cases clearly tells me again, you're one of the Anti Albero Bloggers looking for blood. If you have to go so low as to try and act like I deserve to have public figures come after me for my right to my opinion, you don't belong on the Blogs at all Jack.

Anyone MAN enough to stand up to this administration like I have deserves respect, not attacks. I don't make up a fake name like Jack and act like I'm being honorable. I'm here every day with my face next to my name. Anyhow, you haven't proven a thing. You refuse to come up with names, as I have asked and I have allowed you the complete freedom to do so. You're a liar and you're simply trying to turn people's minds from pro albero bloggers to anti albero bloggers. It's not working Jack.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you lower yourself by trying to always call out people for being anonymous. If you hate it so much, make them put their name on here. I signed my name because I stand behind my opinions and thoughts. For you to go an assume I'm posting as anonymous after I've signed my name is ridiculous and shows you have a losing battle.

And I'm not going to put up another blogger's name that you have run off, because as a friend of theirs, they do not want associated with you or your blog ever again after the things you have done to their family.

Look, I think what you do for others such as the Humane Society & the Zoo are great. However, you ruin your reputation by being so vicious in your stance that you isolate yourself from others. You can catch more bees with honey, as they say.