Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Major Damage At The Wicomico Youth & Civic Center?

We have been told, (but not yet confirmed) that based on the strong winds there has been severe wind damage at the Civic Center. I was informed that there is a huge hole in the roof the size of an automobile. I have made several attempts to confirm this story but I cannot seem to get any answers since around 6:00 PM Wednesday night. The Fire Department was not called out to that location, as far as I know.

That being said, we will make additional attempts to learn more on Thursday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes we all know how those "pitch" roofs are prone to being blown off by high winds...

Anonymous said...

Maybe insurance will pay for a new roof LoL

If Fernando keeps up we can call the Civic Center "The house that Fernando Guerrero Built."

Anonymous said...

I don't know why this should overly concern the taxpaying public as one deserves to get what they pay for.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Civic Center was built according to the 'Fast Track' method of construction. Traditional bids were not solicited and then awarded as has been the tradition. Nor was the Engineering A&E portion and still isn't to this very day -(I'll save that for another day).

As I can recall there wasn't an attempt to have a very high standard Quality Control Program in place at the time.

That is part of the reason it is called the GWE - (Great White Elephant).

Anonymous said...

I hope they arnt shutten you down Joe. People tend to frown on the truth being made pupblic. Keep digging Joe , we (if I may be so bold) all love the job you have been doing.

Great way to win the mayors position if you decide to annouce candidency. Very intelligent indeed.