Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 05, 2009

Salisbury News Breaks The 10,000 Post Mark & Vows No More Foul Language

Last week Salisbury News actually surpassed delivering more than 10,000 Posts since we've been on Blogger. We've delivered more, since we parted from Blogger for about a year and a half but considering we've been able to deliver that many Posts in two years, that's not too shabby.

I had a discussion with all of the Contributors of Salisbury News and we all collectively agreed that in 2009 we will refrain from using any more curse words in any of our Posts. This means we also will no longer allow curse words in comments either.

There's no question that Salisbury News has quickly gained recognition and has become more competitive toward ALL of the other local MSM and we plan on branching out even more in 2009. Considering the volume of traffic we get here every single day, it's time to clean things up even more. I would hope everyone has noticed how much I have personally toned things down and while someone asked me if I'd consider also getting the word Idiot out of my vocabulary, as much as I respect this individual I said, NO! There are just some expressions that are a necessity and if I can't curse, I will call some people Idiots. You're already taking the Bronx out of me, at least leave me on life support, will ya?

I'm working on another new Contributor right now who will bring some pretty cool stuff to Salisbury News. It's not for everyone but over time I believe the line of business that they're in will enhance local community awareness and be able to better explain the inner works of their profession, one of which we rely on every single day in our communities. I don't want to give too much away but should he agree to join it's really going to bring Salisbury News up yet another notch.

So 2009 is looking really good. I noticed Salisbury News not only ended the year of 2008 as the #1 Blog in Maryland but it also started off the first week of 2009 in the #1 position as well. We're off to a good start and look forward to bringing you upbeat and exciting news and information throughout 2009. By the way, expect and explosion Press Release some time today.

By the way. BITE ME doesn't count as a curse word, does it? ;-)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY JOE,I have a REDSKINS sticker on my truck window that says BITE ME. Well in O8 we were biten.

Anonymous said...

Excellent decision about the foul language. I hope that ban includes two detestable words, one that means a cat and the other that is a kind of winter-hardy flower. Both words begin with "p" and end with "y". They have been used regularly to describe a man whose actions are judged to be not masculine enough to suit the person commenting. Hope they're gone for good.

Anonymous said...

Very wise choice Joe,(clean words) so what fireman is joining as a contributor :)

Anonymous said...

That's cool with me too Joe, as long as I can say bite me idiot I'm good to go LoL Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Joe,
You are a @##$##, *^$^(&)__*(&*, !@#@@$#$%^, @@^%$&***%%%, $#$#%^^
But the big question is am I still allowed to smoke?
Thanks for setting a higher bar to this site.

Anonymous said...

Are you keeping a dollar jar for charity for every time you slip up? I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey that's a thought 8:49 At one place I worked we had an "F" jar LoL We had one heck of a party every year, best thing was the owners played too and put their dollars in : )

For Joe of course we should insist a Ben Franklin for every slip Hahahhaa Po' guy will be biting his tongue off!

Just kidding Joe, bravo and best wishes in this New Year

joe albero said...

While I happen to agree, it's not a harsh word, some are offended by it. Now, if you try to come back and use it again we're going to know you're one of the Anti Albero Bloggers simply out to prove we didn't mean what we said. Time will tell. Others are welcome to comment without using that word for the time being or any other example. Let's see where this bring us.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the change regarding foul language. Since SBYNews is, in effect, journalism, some of the same ethical standards that apply to standard journalism should apply to this site. While I'm no prude and have yet to meet an inappropriate word I didn't know, such language really isn't necessary to make one's point.

Now if only all of the posts could be edited for grammar and usage!

Anonymous said...

How about acromyns -- WTF, ROTFLMAO, etc.?

joe albero said...

anonymous 1:20,

We're pleased you're pleased. However, one of the things that makes Salisbury News so successful is, it's real. Just every day people telling you what we see and hear. When I used to get the Daily Times daily, I'd see the dame spelling errors and grammar issues. The difference is, you pay for the Daily Times and sbynews is FREE.

Look at it like this. We're getting better each and every year and we're working our tails off each and every day, 7 days a week for FREE. One day, soon enough, we'll make additional changes but we're not doing too bad for a little old Blog, eh?

joe albero said...

anonymous 1:21, I say that's perfectly fine.

Anonymous said...

Joe. I think you are just catching on to my "Seinfeld" references; but if you catch a "Johnny Dangerously", an older PG movie, reference...can we still operate under "Roman Moroni" rules (i.e.: "This club is too fargin' small...knock down that fargin' wall...and that fargin' wall, etc.)? You may just have to Google the exact text of his memorable statement before the "iceholes" of the distinguished court that tries to indict him to completely understand.

Anonymous said...

Anyone trying to use foul words will have their mouths washed out with soap.

Chimera said...

We will be collectively becoming "conoissuers of soap" like Ralphie in A Christmas Story.

Anonymous said...

I responded to a post just a bit ago and I don't believe I have used darn, dang, and various other words since I lived at home with my parents! Wow, the sad part or maybe good part is they all just came out naturally whereas before the "potty mouth" words flew! Ahh guess it is a change that was simple enough, just never had to do it before now!