Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 05, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009

I want you guys to be the first of all my e-mail buddies that I wish to send Happy New Year greetings...

As I reflect on 2008, I can say we had a great year:

Blacks are happy; Obama was elected.

Whites are happy, OJ is in jail.

Democrats are happy; George Bush is leaving office.

Republicans are happy: Democrats will finally quit saying George Bush stole the election.

And all of us are so happy; The election is finally over!

I think 2009 will be even better: Immediately after his inauguration, Obama will balance the budget, revive the economy, solve the real estate problem, solve the auto
industry problem, solve our gas/alternative energy problem, stop the fires and mudslides in California, ban hurricanes and tornadoes, stop identity theft, reverse global warming, find Osama, solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, get rid of corruption in government and achieve world peace . Then on the 7th day, He will rest.

My best wishes for 2009

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You started out well, but ended in the toilet. Here are a few thoughts on my new year.

Let’s look forward to 2009 as a time we tried to get our country back on track. The train wreck was caused by the Bush administration, no matter how hard people try to cover it up, make excuses, whatever, we had a train wreck when Bush was the engineer. I do not care what NAFTA caused, I do not care what happened in 1994, etc, "ad nauseaum" I only care that our leadership blew it...period. Asleep; on the cell phone; distracted; drugged; drunk, whatever the excuse for the wreck, we have had a wreck.

I think that it is time to stop blaming, complaining, and get going to help save ourselves. Obama is a real leader, that means that he inspires, it is not going to be Obama that saves this country it is going to be you and me.

So my new year's thoughts are, let’s do whatever we can to get ourselves out of this mess, and let's be idealistic, and let’s be patriotic. What a pleasant thought. We have been negatively brainwashed for years, let it go,
Change your mind...be positive, it should be an exercise. Walk to get those pounds off, and talk positively about your country, to get the mind set changed. The exercise will do you good. (And maybe others as well) I love my country, and it is time to work for its well being.

Anonymous said...

Amen, 8:59 a.m.

The message Obama gave was not that he thought he was special, but that we Americans are special.

We can prove him right about that, or we can b*tch, moan, complain and point fingers until we are all in the bread lines.

Everyone already knows how "worse" it's gotten.

My choice is to do what I can to make things better.