Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mayoral Candidate Bob Caldwell Breaks His Ankle



My Run For Mayor has unfortunately become my "Hobble for Mayor". Monday night around 9"45, I went to a local bank on S. Salsibury Blvd to make a night deposit. I went to the deposit area, but due to very little light, I was unable to find an envelope slot. I started to walk around to see if there was a slot at the drive=thru windows, and encountered a patch of "black ice". Down I went. (I'm not fully convinced that it wasn't something more onimous than black ice - - Someone may have known I was heading for the bank and sprinkled Kryptonite on the ground!)

When I got up, I walked (very carefully) back to my car. Assuming I had a bad sprain, I went home and put an icepack on my ankle. By 6am yesterday morning, it became obvious that I had more than a sprain, and headed for the ER at PRMC. An xray confirmed my worst thought - - the ankle was broken. According to the Dr, the break was just shy of requiring surgery.

I am on crutches, and have been admonished to put no weight at all on my right foot. I am on crutches, probably for the next 6-8 weeks. I am hopeful that after the ankle has had a few days to start mending, I will be much more mobile.

This accident does not diminish in any way, my determination to become Salisbury's next Mayor. For the immediate future, I will be relying on my website (www.electbobcaldwell.com), people active in my campaign, news releases and the blogosphere to to spread the word about my position on the many significant issues we are facing. I will be able to participate in candidate forums and "meet & greet" activities.

I appreciate the support and concern of my friends and family.I look forward to continuing our dialogue and achieving success on March 3 & April 7.

Thank you! Bob

Bob Caldwell
Your Candidate for Mayor
410-251-2799
www.electbobcaldwell.com
caldwellr2@comcast.net

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

go get'em bob! you rock, you are one cool mofo, and i wish you all the luck in your run for mayor!

Anonymous said...

It may be a coincidence, but I saw Comegys walking near the bank with a glowing green substance in his hands. . . :)

Hope you feel better soon, Bob! I'm an Ireton supporter but I think you are a fine gentleman and I would vote for you over Comegys any day.

Anonymous said...

UUUMMMMM the sympathy vote, Just Kidding, hope you feel better. I quess those exterior machines need more light for more than one reason huh.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Mr. Caldwell! You're an inspiration to us all!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

does anybody smell that????

ITS A LANDSLIDE!!!!

Broken ankle??? I'll take Bob in a rolling hospital bed any day over what we've had. BOB for MAYOR!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you fell and you now have a broken ankle. Get well wishes to you. And good luck in your run for Mayor, we'll be voting for you.

Anonymous said...

Joe, maybe a little stalking of the bank president is needed?