Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Eric Sahler's Bad Karma

"Joe,

I think that the managing Editor of the Daily Times is showing some signs of senility in his dotage. In Eric Sahler's opinion piece today, he posits a nifty little "karma" theory that goes something like: job loss & attacks on innocent Americans are bad karma (punishment) for George Bush's unjust wars & unsound environmental policies Hmmm….

Well here are two theories of my very own that I'd like to offer to your readership:

A. Eric Sahler has seen too many episodes of "My Name is Earl"

–or-


His "karma" theory is a retread of Jerry Falwell & Pat Robertson's classic: "let's blame the homosexuals & the ACLU for September 11th" shtick.

Sadly I'm hoping that Theory A. is the more correct theory."

4 comments:

Chimera said...

Hey!LOL-"My Name is Earl" is an AWESOME show.

Anonymous said...

He used to be a skater back when tony hawk was starting out. Back in the early days of skateboard mag.

Anonymous said...

The argument that the hardships of a country is punishment for the wrongdoings of a few is ridiculous. Is Mr. Sahler implying that the thousands who were killed in China last year was a result of their governments actions? Or was the holocaust a result of the Jews actions prior to 1939? If this is indeed what the writer is implying than he should be fired, if not than he's just an idiot. Either way, he probably should be fired.

Anonymous said...

I guess the MSM is just getting bac "karma" handed to them for years of biased reporting and Bush bashing as well...what goes around comes around...

I too like "My Name is Earl"