Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Officially Over For Mayor Barrie Tilghman


Mrs. "I Take Full Responsibility" Tilghman is no longer eligible to run for Mayor of Salisbury. She did NOT sign up again and Salisbury News has finally taken this woman down. It has been a long 4 years Folks but I am proud to state the woman who covered up all the wrong doings, including dead animals at the Salisbury Zoo and cover ups at the Salisbury WWTP is HISTORY!

The woman that cut everyone off at the knees who dared challenge her met her match and I'm honored to have been the one of the "Dirty Dozen" that took the wind out of her sails. That's right, I'm taking credit for exposing Mayor Tilghman for what she has been and telling the TRUTH about her wrong doings, to a point in which SHE could no longer take the pressure.

It's now up to a Judge in early March who will decide if this woman has been defamed by me. Funny, she claims her decision had nothing to do with the Blogs, yet she's suing me? Barrie, I'd say your decision not to run again had EVERYTHING to do with the Blogs. You couldn't walk into my Office screaming and cursing about articles we put up because you knew you'd leave the building in hand cuffs.

Why would I personally recommend voting for anyone other than Gary Comegys for Mayor, I think it would be interesting to see if the Mayor used any City Funds to pay for her lawsuit against me. I highly doubt you'd get that kind of information from Mr. Conegys. So think about that for a minute. Just how many OTHER things would the Citizens of Salisbury like to know before documents get shredded?

It's time for a complete change in leadership. Out with the old and in with the new. Why not allow the next 4 years to be run by individuals that do believe in open government. If Comegys were to be elected, do YOU think any of the City Employees would come forward and expose what they've been experiencing for the past 12 years? It's a no brainer to me. Get Barrie Tilghman out of Office and let them clean house and get back on track.

I'd like to see the old John Pick come forward and express everything he knows. He's one individual that knows where all of the bodies, (so to speak) are buried. Why is Comegys stealing all of his ideas from Jim Ireton and Debbie Campbell? Because he knows ALL of you want these kinds of people in Office and he'll say whatever YOU want to hear to get in there. He barely retained his seat in the Council, what makes him think the majority of voters want him in the Mayor's Office?

Just remember this. At two different Council Meetings I asked Mr. Comegys two different questions in which I knew the truthful answer. One of them was, Mr. Comegys, were you parked in a handicap space/lane this past weekend? NO! I repeated, this past weekend the Salisbury Police Department had to search you out at the flea market because your vehicle was blocking a handicap lane and someone in a wheel chair could not get off the bus because your vehicle was parked there, are you denying that? YES! That was LIE #1.

The second one was when I was speaking to the Council and Mr. Comegys was clearly text messaging someone on his cell phone. I immediately stopped what I was doing and said, Gary, are you text messaging someone while I'm speaking? Knowing he wasn't on camera, (this is why I recommend everyone attend Council Meetings) he replied, NO! LIE #2.

If the man will lie about simple things like that, knowing I had him both times, what else do you think he'd lie about? It's time for a change Ladies & Gentlemen. I can assure you, if I had asked those same questions to Mrs. Campbell, Mrs. Cohen, Mr. Ireton or My. Caldwell, while it may be embarrassing, they would have told the truth. That's what accountability is all about. Sometimes you have to swallow some pride in life and tell the truth. Gary Comegys is still on the Zoo Commission. Did you know that the Deer we showed this past summer still has that growth on its head? Is this the kind of person you want running the City?

Barrie Tilghman is history. Don't make the same mistake again Folks.

Published by Joe Albero

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have owned my home in the Doverdale area of the city for 10 years. I am about ready to move out of the city for many reasons. High taxes, crime, rental properties, are some of the reasons I am considering moving. I am hopeful that a new Mayor and City Council will change things in this city. If not, I will sell to a landlord and get out of here just as so many others have done in my neighborhood.

joe albero said...

anonymous 9:19,

It's been politicians like Barrie Tilghman, Mike Dunn, Gary Comegys, Lynn Cathcart, Shanie Shields and Louise Smith who allowed the cover up on CRIME in the City. They denied Salisbury had Gangs for years, until we exposed it here on Salisbury News. How about the graffiti too. These are the very same people that allowed a $10,000,000.00 Fire Castle and a $84,000,000.00 WWTP that still isn't 100% on line. Water and sewer rates through the roof. Promisses to Firefighters and Police Officer on pay raises and then backed out of their promisses.

They allowed Developers to come here and do whatever they wanted and skyrocketed the housing market so bad, many can't even dream of selling their homes.

Crime has a lot to do with decision making on where to raise children.

Thank your local MSM for covering up the TRUTH about all of the above too. If the Daily Times had been honest and researched more of these topics, perhaps Barrie would have lost long ago. Instead, they're now pushing Comegys and endorsing him BEFORE any of the other Candidates announced they were running. How one sided is that? How desperate are they to keep things the same as in the past?

CHANGE can only be done by YOU.

joe albero said...

Let me add the prostitutes too. Let me tell you Folks, Barrie Tilghman and Chief Webster were FURIOUS that I exposed the prostitutes locally. As long as Joe Albero was out of the way, things were exactly the way they wanted it to be. Once we started exposing everything, BAM! Lawsuits came about. Look at Rachel Polk. She was physically assaulted by the Mayor's Daughter and once Rachel Polk showed the Citizens an anonymous letter, they sued her for defamation. It wasn't even her letter!

It truly is time to take back your City.

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance that the vote will be split between Ireton and Caldwell that allows Comegys to win?

joe albero said...

anonymous 9:30,

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Remember, Comegys BARELY won his seat back on the Council. If you'll recall, the Mayor flat out lied about Tim Spies at the last minute, the Daily Times printed information the did NOT varify and it destroyed Spies.

What you're going to see is Ireton and Caldwell maiking it through the primary and Comegys sulking as the big loser.

Anonymous said...

Let's just watch their spending before she leaves the job.

Anonymous said...

Gary can have what ever he wants on his web site, it's how he's going to come off during questions and debates and we all know he has trouble forming a sentence.

Anonymous said...

You're right Joe, I should have added the incredible Water and Sewer Bill to the original post. It breaks down close to this, as I don't want to put exact numbers since someone will trace it to me and have city inspectors at my house in ten minutes. Water ~$70, Sewer ~$125, Trash $19, Bay Restoration fee $7.50. Total bill is over $200 everytime. I guess the sewer is so high so I can help pay the fines when they pollute the river with millions of gallons of sewage. Which is the real polluter of the Bay, not the farmers.

Anonymous said...

9:59-

Wrong!

Bubba=Barrie

And both can BS their way over crushed glass.

Anonymous said...

NOT IF BUBBA COMEGYS BECOMES MAYOR!

Anonymous said...

um, well u awls jes doant git it. groaf pays fore groaf

bubba
yo nex mare

Anonymous said...

Keep your eye on the Mayor's Law Firm as well, that Paul Wilber's Firm has covered up all sorts of dirty deals and made lots of money doing it!

Anonymous said...

mare gonna take her dog doodyman and go back to kansas

Anonymous said...

i was right, I got a notice today to clean my gutters from the city. Meanwhile the rental property next to me is strewn with trash. Gotta love living the'Bury.