Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Comments On Salisbury News

It's only 7:30 PM and we're already at 208 comments for the day. Actually, we've been experiencing a ton of comments all week, proving more people are getting involved.

Yesterday we had 298 comments and Monday we had 177 comments. That's almost 700 comments in less than three days, unbelievable! Other Blogs tend to get anywhere from 10 comments a week to around 50 comments in an entire week. So obviously Salisbury News has people talking, participating and visiting in much larger volumes. Then, of course, there's all the rejected comments. One day I'll count them all and see what it comes to but you could say there are about 100 comments a day you don't want to see, trust me on that one.

The cool part is, you're participating and getting involved. You can easily stay anonymous and no one will know who you are. The more we get people involved, the better this Blog gets and that equates to a better Salisbury. Keep them coming Folks!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get a lot more comments then the Daily Times does.

joe albero said...

It's very rare I go to the Daily Times, so if you say so I can't argue with you. They're feelin us. LOL

joe albero said...

Not necessary Jacob. Obviously the comments alone clearly tell you more than I need to share anyway. However, I just love driving you Anti Albero people nuts!

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that you actually stated we could remain anonymous but yet you are blasting people regularly and telling them to post their name in order for you to find them credible.

I like your blog Joe and I like the fact that I CAN post anonymously. Some of us cannot afford to have our name connected to the blog but we still wish to have a voice.

Thank you for what you do and giving us all the opportunity to speak.

Anonymous said...

Joe, just a friendly question. Don't blog owners have the ability to have the IP address of the author of comments? Are we truly anonymous? I just wondered.

Anonymous said...

Anon 9:17 said: "Some of us cannot afford to have our name connected to the blog but we still wish to have a voice."

Nothing against this person in any way, but that is very sad that people cannot voice their opinions without some type of reprimand or conflict for doing so.

Anonymous said...

Mobile Home Park Abuse

Just seek guidance or help. My family member has found herself in an unfortunate situation and has to move into a mobile home park. She follows the rules and is still harassed by the person in charge. He finds tedious things to complain about, even though the things he complains and threatens her about are present at neighboring trailers. He constantly finds reasons to come and visit her when her husband is gone. She is tired of feeling threatened and abused, is there anywhere she can turn to?

Anonymous said...

I know I posted more in this rainy crappy week. Enjoy the good blogging weather Joe! This is my first post today so none of those 208 posts are mine. Good job.

joe albero said...

Insider,

So you know, that's a wives tale for the most part. On Blogger it's impossible. On my old Blog, yeah, I could access it. However, with Blogger you only get a partical IP Address. You get, (for example) 5 out of 9 numbers. without the last 4 you have absolutely nothing. Only Blogger has those numbers and I have never heard the FEDS being able to get a hold of the last 4 yet. So No, I cannot access your numbers, nor do I care to.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe. Direct and to the point..just as I expected.

Anonymous said...

and a simple reboot of a router will generate a new IP

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good works, Joe.
There has been change brought forth by your blog which would have never happened without it.
Things, bad things mostly, have been brought to light with the exposure of your efforts and the ANONYMOUS comments.
Sometimes those are "out there", but sometimes they tell stories and expose ugliness that would have NEVER seen daylight without sbynews. If we don't know what's wrong we can't make it right.

joe albero said...

310 comments so far for yesterday and still going. No, this is not including the WCDC post I moved up for their convenience.