Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 08, 2008

THANK YOU From The Salvation Army



We'd like to share this with all of you that have helped the Red Kettle Campaign. As stated in the letter, there are still many slots to be filled. If you want to help out and the north end of town is not where you want to be, PLEASE call the Salvation Army. They are still in need of bell ringers at various locations such as Fruitland Walmart, Giant Foods, K-Mart, to name a few.

Thank you, once again, to all that have taken the time to help others in our community.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob Caldwell called me to take a slot at the Fruitland Walmart. Apparently, the Optimist Club has committed to another week or so of bell ringing and they need some help. The Optimist Club does so much for the youth in this area this is one way for me to give back to them and the Salvation Army at the same time.

Give Bob a call at 410-251-2799 if you have some time to spare, he'll be more than happy to make use of your time.

Anonymous said...

You cant argue with that letter. I believe it says it all. I'm sure the Police and Fire Chief's got the same letter.

joe albero said...

Dear Chiefy:

Good Comment. However, for some reason I doubt it. You see, the Fire & Police Chief haven't offered to fill in any spot that hasn't been filled. They haven't popped in at the last minute to fill any spots and quite frankly, Chief Webster hasn't volunteered at all, that I know of.

Therefore I doubt very seriously they received the same letter.

Anonymous said...

I am now signed up for 2 slots at Giant and Walgreens. By the way Joe, I told them you sent me.

Anonymous said...

I have ten slots starting Tuesday night. Thanks Joe