Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 08, 2008

Joe Albero's 3 Seconds Of Fame



Ladies & Gentlemen:

Do you remember my Post a few months ago referencing the Dover Downs Celebrity Billiard Event that I Hosted? Do you recall my stating I had made the 9-Ball in on the break over and over again? Well, here's PROOF! To ALL the Anti Albero Bloggers who said it wasn't true, here's the video of me playing against NASCAR Driver Stanton Barrett, (who was also the Stunt Man Double in the last Batman Movie). He had been begging me to play him all night long and I said, OK, but you're not going to like it. He replied, why? I said, because I'm going to end this thing in one shot. It was an attempt to get the crowd involved and do a little, "SHOWING OFF." I had told him, you may be bad to the bone on the Race Track but right now you're in my environment. BAM! Now watch the video.

This was the message sent to me by Dover Downs.

"Joe -

I’m finishing editing the billiards competition this morning...and thought I’d send this clip so you can prove to your readers that you actually can sink the 9 on the break.

I discovered that we captured one of them on tape...

We’re using the shot in our closing credits sequence.

Best regards,
Bill"


Eat Your Hearts Out Nay Sayers!!!!!

13 comments:

SunnyInOC said...

WOW!!! Even the husband and I questioned you! Seeing is believing! Nice!

Anonymous said...

Great Joe. You can hustle more than your blog. Both are about as meaningful as the other.

Anonymous said...

Anon 108 what is it exactly that you do that is so meaningful? Just wondering, since you brought it up.

BossHogg said...

Joe:

You are the man!

I guess owning a pool hall or two has paid off ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's really cool.

Anonymous said...

Damn! Nice shot, Joe.

Anonymous said...

I have seen Joe shot pool for years and there was never any doubt in my mind what he said was true.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Its one thing to make the nine ball on the break. Its another to get it on video. I happened to notice they said they captured one of them on tape. Joe, that tells me that it happened more then one time like you said. I'm impressed.

joe albero said...

Oh, what I wouldn't do to get all of them on video. I guess we'll have to see what the whole show comes up with. However, it was about the Drivers, not me.

Anonymous said...

Joe Mosconi? Delmaro Fats?

Sharp shooting Joe! I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Yes Joe we know you are a Sharky LoL Like I always say, "I'd rather be lucky than good!" : ) Nice shot buddy.

Anonymous said...

"Proficiency at billiards is a sign of a misspent youth."

-- Oscar Wilde

Anonymous said...

It not about what we did in our past, it's about how we make a difference in everyones future.