Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

SBYNEWS.COM IS BACK!

Talk about a pain in the axx!

Unfortunately, the Salisbury News domain name was being hosted by a company called Pages Garden. I had been having some issues with them in the past but fortunately through some great help from friends we were able to get things straight. However, this year things got a lot worse as we paid for the name for the year but the company, (Pages Garden) never paid the other company for the name and we almost lost it. Fortunately my friend Steve was able to some how, some way, get it pulled from Pages Garden and relocate it to another Host.

First of all, thank you Steve! Now that this has been settled, it's time to really start moving forward to what will be an unbelievable new year for Salisbury News. For those of you who were sweating it out in the hopes of taking the name, better luck next time sucka's.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would take the name and why would they want it?

joe albero said...

LMAO! Some people are so stupid.

Anonymous said...

Anon 819 you can buy the name and park it just so Joe couldn't use it.

Joe, I use 1 and 1 they are tops. I have not had a problem with them in all the years I've done business with them. They are also inexpensive...right up your alley. Tell your tech guy to check them out www.1and1.com

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got it back. I had actually back-ordered the domain and was probably just going to redirect it back to you or let you have it for the fees if you wanted it.

I remember something like this happening last year, so I figured there were issues with the registrar. On the off-chance you did NOT want it, I put in a bid. You never know about these things.

( I know about this process as I recently just was able to get back a domain that I lost 2 years ago by backordering it).

GG

joe albero said...

Thanks GG!

It was truly another trying experience. Sadly we didn't pay for longer terms because we didn't trust this company and wanted to relocate it. Before we knew it the year was almost up and the trouble started all over again.