Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 01, 2008

A Friend Reaches Out For Help


Chuck Campbell
NTAF Mid-Atlantic Lung Transplant Fund

Husband of Vicki
Father of Chuck, Donny, Bethany and Jenna

Dear Family and Friends,

Breathing is something most of us take for granted. I know I did. But when your lungs don’t provide the air you need, your body becomes paralyzed and you can’t move. It’s a very painful and frightening experience to go through. I’ve been slowly losing lung capacity since I was diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) about three years ago.

Now, even with oxygen, I find it very difficult to perform simple tasks such as walking upstairs or even getting dressed. After breathing tests, x-rays and a CAT scan of my lungs, the results show that my disease has progressed and a double lung transplant is necessary. It’s really my only chance of survival. Through the gift of transplantation, I hope to some day return to a fairly normal life, both professionally and personally.

Organ transplantation is life saving, but very expensive. Financing this procedure is a monumental task, and my wife and I need help from our family and friends in order to survive. There are many pre- and post-transplant expenses that are not covered by my insurance. As a result, Temple Lung Center’s transplant department recommended fundraising.

To help ease this financial burden, a fundraising campaign in my honor has been established with the National Transplant Assistance Fund (NTAF) for my uninsured expenses. NTAF is a nonprofit organization that has been assisting the transplant community for 25 years. All donations are tax-deductible and are administered for transplant-related expenses only. If you wish to make a donation:

Make checks payable to:
NTAF Mid-Atlantic Lung Transplant Fund

Print in memo section:
In honor of Chuck Campbell

Please send to:
NTAF
150 N. Radnor Chester Rd., Suite F-120
Radnor, PA 19087

To make a credit card contribution, please call 800-642-8399 or click “Contribute Now.” To email this page directly to others in your community, who might wish to learn about the campaign, click the “Email to Friend” button and type in as many email addresses as you wish.

Your financial gifts will be greatly appreciated and will help our family make it through this difficult time. If you would be interested in helping us organize a fundraiser, please call and volunteer your talents.

With Sincere Gratitude,
Chuck Campbell
302-424-2189
GO HERE to see Chuck's complete profile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe - I just want to thank you for posting this. A couple of things it doesn't say: I have worked in Salisbury for the last 4 years. I currently live in Milford, DE, but have been on the Eastern Shore since I moved to Salisbury back in 1988. I hae to raise a lot of money for this operation, but I am confident the people of the Shore will help out. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THIS...PLEASE HELP.
Sincerely,
Chuck Campbell