Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dow Down 733.08 ...

... but I thought Frank Kratovil solved the crisis.

A little over a week ago, Democrat congressional candidate Frank Kratovil told an audience of Young Democrats at Salisbury University that "We solved the crisis".  Yet, since the federal bailout - supported by Kratovil - the Dow Jones Industrial Average is down 17%.

Imagine.  In less than two weeks, we have seen the Dow fall from 10,325.38 (on the day the bailout bill passed) to 8,877.91 (yesterday).  I wonder why Kratovil is whining about a new commercial highlighting his claim that "We solved the crisis":



I know that the crisis sure isn't solved for me as I have my second child go off to college next year.  I know that it's not solved for retired people like my uncle who is concerned about the rapidly falling value of a life's savings.

Read More ...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we sure don't need him fixing anything else.

Anonymous said...

The pathetic daily rag physically CHANGED the article they printed because Frankie cry baby boy is angry at ad??????

Anonymous said...

Really, i gues i can take that to the bank. What an A##.

Anonymous said...

G.A,
How about printing the actual Kratovil quote, the one that has been confirmed by the audio fromthe presentation? You are better than this, man. Kratovil did not say what you are reporting he said, and if Joe will let me, I will be happy to post the actual quote.

Anonymous said...

The actual quote was printed in the Daily Times.

Anonymous said...

Yeah so what- Bush 2.0 said "Mission Accomplished" and we are still in Iraq !! He has also said the crisis was over and it's just begun....

Anonymous said...

Harris needs to stick to his story. I saw the article both in print & online.

Anonymous said...

People it would have been alot worst if the bill didn't pass. Furthermore as we all should know they aren't going to pass a 700 billion dollar bail out bill and not decide how to distribute tax payers money. I sure as hell don't want them to just throw money here and there, so it takes time to make critical economic decisions. This is just my opinion and I don't have any credientials when it comes to stocks or government financies, but I know that without this bill buyer confidence would have disappeared, and markets across the world would have suffered even more. For any one to say that this problem was fixed or solved is completely absurd, and I tend to lean on the democratic side on issues facing our country today. This country has a long history of fighting for what it believes in and winning the majority of time, this is no different. We will fight, it will be hard, but we will win.

Anonymous said...

11:41,
It is absurd, and he did not say it. For some reason, joe isn't allowing posts like this through! I'm going to head to G.A's blog to see if he is man enough to post a retraction.

joe albero said...

The Daily Times printed it AND put it on line.

Now you, (Kratovil Campaign) show me ANYWHERE where the Daily Times retracted the two quotes!

You can say all you want about this, the Daily Times printed it.

Prove there's a retraction and I'll allow your comments. Until then you're playing damage control because Frank Kratovil talk too much.