Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

He Said, She Said. Who's More Professional?

The following e-mail messages were between Cd Lewis, (possible Candidate for Delegate in 2010) and Susan Parker at the Daily Times. One interesting thing I caught was how the Daily Times had printed a letter to the editor that was not an original and was circulating around the Internet, yet they didn't check their facts and sources. Anyhow, the messages go as follows........

"I must say, reading some of the responses to McQueen's article, I am more than upset you did not print mine. One printed last Friday was an email that has been circulating and some guy just put his name on it, yet you ask me for my sources. I will just use my sources and wboc and wmdt from now on. maybe they can print some real ideas and letters and not just the same partisan junk.

CdLewis
Libertarian
In MD 2010

Susan Parker Daily Times Responds........

What I think you really mean is that you wish I'd used yours FIRST??? Yours is still in the lineup, unless you want me to remove it. I can only run three or four letters a day, usually, and I'm getting a backlog already. Are you assuming I decided not to run it at all? If you want me to NOT run it, please let me know.

Sorry. I forwarded that to one close friend and my wife. The decision
is yours. One response printed Friday was not original at all, it was pasted in. Those are the things more upsetting to me. I do not play games, no time. i am married, four kids and three small businesses, with roles at my church and part of a few community organizations. I use my time to the best of my ability. Have a great day.

CdLewis
Libertarian
In MD 2010

Susan Parker Daily Times Responds.........

Forwarding my e-mail to friends with that kind of note is playing games and makes me think you are not serious material for any kind of state office, no matter how smart or well-educated you are. It was supposed to be between you and me, that is a given unless permission is given to share. I don't really care how many businesses you own or how you use your time. I am not on the email list that the letter you refer to came from, and it hadn't shown up yet in any of my sources for fake letters. I will pass it on to colleagues all over the country so they will know. They do the same when they find out. I'm sorry to be the one who got caught this time.

Quickly, my wife is my treasurer and my close friend is my campaign manger. They are pat of my campaign. if you doubt my seriousness about running, look in the history of wicomico county politics. My name is in the history books as far a an independent in 1998.

CdLewis
Libertarian
In MD 2010

Susan Parker Responds..........

I do not doubt your seriousness about running. I recall that you ran in
1998. What I now doubt is your trustworthiness and your ability to serve in such a serious role if you resort to such childish antics. I'm sorry, but you have lost my respect. I will not be providing you with any more fodder for such sharing. Feel free to share this if you wish. I will print your letter and I will, as I always have, acknowledge your e-mails, but I no longer trust you and I see you as schoolboyish in attitude.


If you don't think anyone else should read it, why would you put in email?
Do you think I didn't tell a few people I was writing a letter to the
editor? The Libertarian party knew everything I was printing. As far as
me being childish, that remark seems rather ironic.

CdLewis
Libertarian
In MD 2010

the lewis for 2010 campaign"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In all fairness, Ms. Parker is one of the main culprits killing the DT with her church-lady attitude (her own words here confirm this), and insistence on boring her readers with non-stop articles on classical music and such. I tried to share this feedback with her, but she adopted this same attitude with me.

Mardela said...

"As the world turns"

Anonymous said...

One more reason the Daily Times is going down.
It's a shame that this paper has succumbed to yellow journalism but it has been this way for a long time.
Guess it's finally catching up with them.

Anonymous said...

she sounds like another barry tighlman