Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 21, 2008

Helping Deployed Soldiers

I've been reading your blog for quite some time, and have read comments about deployed soldiers in the past. As a national guard soldier myself, I know they face several challenges when away from home. There is a non profit website that helps deployed soldiers by sending necessary supplies like shampoo, deodorant, and other miscalaneous daily supplies that are sometimes hard to come by when deployed. The website is www.soldiersangels.com When on this site you can choose to "adopt" a soldier by sending them letters to let them know that someone is thinking about them, or you can send supplies. If you could mention it on your blog, Im sure a lot of people would check it out, and support the troops, every little bit helps. Despite anyones political choice, these guys are fighting for all of us, and deserve some respect, and support for it. Thank you for your time.

A loyal reader

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just signed up.

K Groves

Anonymous said...

Computer expert Kim Komando also has a "real" support our troops program. Details on her web site

Anonymous said...

I've been sending care pkgs for the past five years. I receive a wish list once a month from each unit. Sometimes it's hard to fill all the request but I try. I'm proud to do this for them.

K

Anonymous said...

I signed up months ago and have really enjoyed sending cards and care packages.