Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 06, 2008

NO DAILY TIMES DELIVERY AGAIN TODAY!


The broken record continues. That's right, we did NOT get our delivery of today's paper and once again we will be billed for it anyway.

That being said, Mr. Bassett, you screwed up big time with your $3,000,000.00 purchase of a new/used press and it's not working. You're screwing your delivery drivers without any increases, even though the cost of gas has gone up 100%!

The only reason they have a print edition any more is because legally notices have to be put out to advertise legal information. The law doesn't say it has to be delivered by a certain time.

So if you're not getting the daily paper, you're not missing anything. I should see a delivery within 15 minutes of this Post going up though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The problem is with your carrier, not the new press. My paper has been delivered on time every day this week.

joe albero said...

I'd be willing to have believed you IF your name was on the comment. However, the Daily Times lives on this Blog and that would be their standard answer. Might I suggest you call 410-749-7171 and ask for the Circulation Department. You'll clearly find out they're having issues. No, it's not my delivery person.

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that the papers were not on time everyday this week. I am a carrier and on Wednesday the papers were not even printed til noon so anonymous I KNOW you didnt get your paper on time,because i sat in thedaitly times parking lot from 2 am til noon waiting for papers!

GONE COUNTRY said...

Again, the can't get the paper out on time, when they got rid of the good workers that were working till late at night so that the paper would go out on time.

The people they kept don't care about the job, only the pay check. Sadly, in this day and age, people who go to work to do the job aren't appreciated because they make the people there just for the pay checks look bad.

Gone Country again,

Anonymous said...

Joe, you wanted my name. It is Steven Culver. I live in Nottingham Woods. When I went to get my paper at 6:15 this morning it was there. Anonymous 3pm, I'm glad that you're not my carrier. Wednesday, my paper was delivered around 6:25 am. That is the latest time that it has been delivered all week.

Anonymous said...

We are happy the you like and recieve your newspaper, now beat it, Greed Bassett

Anonymous said...

greg bassett DID NOT pay the money to purchase the new press & building, he in fact had nothing to do with it. The GANNETT CO. purchased it and THEY are single handedly running the paper into the ground by laying people off and restructuring departments to outsource to cheaper place. Greg & everyone else are just caught in the middle

Anonymous said...

Has anyone recieved the Sunday inserts on Saturday ? When i picked my paper up from my paperbox, the inserts that are normally in Sunday's paper were in the box as well as my Saturday paper. What do u think of that??