Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blognetnews Is Back To Their Old Ways

Over the past two weeks I have been sending e-mail messages to the administrator at Blognetnews, (the company that rates Blogs across America) telling them that their Site is taking longer and longer to load and their response was simply, they looked into it and there's nothing they can do about it.

Tonight I went to the Site again to look at current news and information and they're back to Pop Up Ads to boot. This was a major problem last year and I don't know why they're back to their old ways but once the Pop Up Ad comes up and you click on the box to stop it, it freezes up your computer again, (just like it did last year) and you have to completely shut down and reboot.

I'm sorry but there's no excuse for this. Bloggers provide ALL of their business and we do so for free. We do all the work, they RSS Feed our Blogs, they get a ton of recognition for our work and then they sell ads from our news. Then they have this screwed up ranking system that puts Blogs that only run one article a day and gets no hits, (maybe 50 a day) at the top of their rankings simply because they Cross Post with other Blogs. Duh, we get how you rate people, CHANGE IT!

Nevertheless, I'll not go back there again except perhaps once a week to laugh at their rating system on Sunday's. Oh well, it was a great resource for information but it's simply too frustrating to go to any more. I'll add, it reminds me of the Daily Times and how it too takes forever to upload. I have only been to the Daily Times twice since they reformatted their Website and that was while I was on my wireless card thingamabopper.

READ MY LIPS, POP UP ADS SUCK and people don't like them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is occuring because you're machine is terrible

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never new if you got a better machine, there wouldn't be "Pop-ups! I wonder just how much I have to upgrade to avoid them.......

Wymzie said...

Joe,

Additionally, you might want to try using Mozilla 'Firefox' as your internet browser.
One of their features is preventing pop-ups.
I also like them because of the ability to open up windows in tabs that go across your top tool bar, and not have to have millions of windows open.
It's a nice browser and worth checking out.
The new Explorer has the 'tab' thing too but they have their buttons on the opposite side of the page.
I have a computer geek friend who attended a Microsoft symposium on the new Explorer, and they said that they did a study with a room full of people and watched their computer habits on how they opened and closed windows, and they claim that the new 'Explorer' saves one 6 clicks of your mouse on the average task.
Problem is...getting people used to doing it a new way.