Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Youth Onset Parkinson Disease

"Joe

I have been diagnosed with Parkinson Disease and since I'm under 50 years of age it's specifically Youth Onset Parkinson Disease. I'm trying to find via your broad readership other folks that are affected by this as well. There are presently NO formal support groups available in Salisbury or surrounding areas. I'm trying to reach out to those folks as the present numbers affected in the U.S. are around 100,000 (YOPD) . Feel free to call me at the number below if you require additional info as the disease only allows me to 1 finger hunt and peck. I could also meet you in person if needed for further info. I anticipate good things for those affected by the disease locally via meeting those few that are similarly affected."

Regards,
Chip Carper
Hebron, MD 21830
410-251-7980

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Altho not local, try looking into the Michael J. Fox Foundation. www.michaeljfox.org is the website. He was another hit with this terrible affliction at an early age. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Mid Shore Parkinson's Support & Education Group
Talbot Hospice House
Easton Maryland
21601
Contact: Anne Fisher
phone: (410) 820-2927

Found this while browsing, not sure if you already had it.

Kristen

Unknown said...

The closest currently is Easton and with gas prices that's to far!

Anonymous said...

There will be a young onset parkinson's support group starting in Worcester County soon.
Contact me at yopd1961@yahoo.com for more information.