Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 31, 2008

Our Monday Message From Congressional Candidate Andy Harris


Dear Friends,

One week remains in the 2008 General Assembly Session. During that time, we will vote on a final version of the state budget submitted by Governor Martin O'Malley. I want you to know that I oppose the current state budget. The liberal democratic leadership in Annapolis refuses to reduce wasteful government spending. Instead, they want to continue to raise taxes on Marylanders. When times get tough for working families pocketbooks, the last thing they need is the government taking more of their hard earned money.

I have voted against every tax increase and will continue to do so. I have signed a pledge that will not vote for a single net-increase in taxes.

The $1,000,000 Maryland is giving to CASA, a group that helps illegal immigrants receive drivers licenses, is just one example of the millions of dollars of waste in the budget. I put in an amendment to remove that funding for CASA, but the liberals in the Senate rejected it. Tax-payers want their money spent responsibly, sadly that will not happen with the current liberal Democratic leadership in the Governor's mansion and in the General Assembly.

I want you to know, during the next week in the State Senate and during my service in Congress, I will continue to fight for you the tax-payer.

Thanks,

Andy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! At least someone in Annapolis has some sanity. I will be sad to lose him in the Senate, but Harris is just what we need in DC!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll never again vote for another Democrat for as long as I live.

Anonymous said...

I made that pledge in 1998 after Bill Clinton wanted the definition of what is is.The whole party has gone so far left and has completely forgotten the working person. I was a democrat for 30 years!

Anonymous said...

Anon at 2:49-

So did I, but then "W" changed my mind.