Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 10, 2008

New York Governor Spitzer Linked To Prostitution Ring

The New York Times is reporting that Governor Eliot Spitzer has told senior advisers that he had been involved in a prostitution ring.

Spitzer is scheduled to make an announcement Monday afternoon. Spitzer, 48, is married and has three daughters.

What did I say earlier about taxes?????

In a recent interview Governor Spitzer told reporters that he "acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family."

"I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself," he said. "I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family."

The Governor apologized to his family and the public on Monday at a hastily called news conference.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed on the ABC news break they failed to mention he is a democrat. If he had been from the GOP it would lead the story and people think the mainstream media has no bias.

Anonymous said...

He's been debarred immediatly, it a felony, and swearing in another right behind him.

HipBoots

Anonymous said...

He apologized b/c he got caught, not b/c he is sorry. Bastard!

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of men (and women) out there just like the Governor. Think they will never get caught. And when they do, they twist and turn the story around. He's a democrat so why are they keeping that hush hush! If he was Republican, it would have made the front page headlines!
He's not sorry.....and I cant believe his wife stood there right beside him. However, she did not look too happy. Kind of like another Bill and Hillary! The Governor must now pay for his play!

Anonymous said...

I noticed on the ABC news break they failed to mention he is a democrat. If he had been from the GOP it would lead the story and people think the mainstream media has no bias.

It was obvious he was a Democrat because he wasn't caught with a male prostitute.

Anonymous said...

Comments - Show Original Post
Collapse comments

Anonymous said...
I noticed on the ABC news break they failed to mention he is a democrat. If he had been from the GOP it would lead the story and people think the mainstream media has no bias.

3:28 PM

you took the words right out of my mouth. the NY Times mentioned his affiliation!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to give another comment since I watched Spitzer's Press conference.

Did anyone look at his wife? Her eyes were swollen and bloodshot. She HAS TO BE MORTIFIED. I would be, but he would have done that press conf. ALONE. PERIOD.

Authorities aren't even going after him for prostitution, they want him for money laundering, and other illegal money practices. Which is ok, he will get more jail time that way.

Nothing shocks me anymore.