Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 07, 2008

If YOU Paid $6.5 Mil For A Newer Press, What Would YOU Expect?






Obviously the Daily Times doesn't give a crap about what YOU think, they're the only print newspaper around. Come on now, this is BS!

As I stated several times, the Front Page ALWAYS has that black line running down it each and every day. If "I" was extruding one of my parts in my manufacturing business and we were "printing" the name of the company purchasing from me on the lamp, do you think they would accept CRAP like this, smudges all that way down the part?

You CAN'T come back and say, well you're only paying .50 Cents for it. Believe me, that's top market value for a Newspaper that's simply copying a FREE Blog Site anyway!

Then there's the trick they've been playing on you for months. They have been reducing the size of their font little by little so when they dropped down to this, (YOU MUST NOW WEAR GLASSES TO READ) print, you hopefully wouldn't notice!

Now either my eyesight got a ton worse in the past two months or their font size dropped. I'll bank on their font size dropping.

Some papers are being delivered all mangled up and quite frankly Ladies & Gentlemen, the Daily Times SUCKS!

I want to add, I have been in the Printing Business/Industry for 25 years now. I manufacture all the Safelights Film & Plate Manufacturers use to process film in darkrooms and or plated in the Pre Press Room. So yes, I know more about the printing business than Greg Bassett will ever know in his lifetime.

The quality YOU and I are receiving from the Daily Times is truly the worst product I have EVER seen, yet we pay for it? I have to have it each day for exactly this reason. Trust me Folks, IF they get their act together and they print a quality product, I'll pat them on the back for doing so. Until then, Gannett, you just pissed away $6.5 million on CRAP!

8 comments:

Daddio said...

I noticed that the comics have been reduced in size as well as the Jumble (scrunched even smaller this time around) and the Sudoku puzzle. Funny thing that the Crossword puzzle has been kept at full size?

Many things have been shrunk to the point that it's quite noticable from the distorted images.

For an example, let's look at Arlo and Janis. Look at what is printed in the DailySlime, and then look here to see what it's supposed to look like.

While you are at Comics.com, take a look at many of your other favorite strips, for a non-distorted view.

Daddio said...

I noticed that the comics have been reduced in size as well as the Jumble (scrunched even smaller this time around) and the Sudoku puzzle. Funny thing that the Crossword puzzle has been kept at full size?

Many things have been shrunk to the point that it's quite noticable from the distorted images.

For an example, let's look at Arlo and Janis. Look at what is printed in the DailySlime, and then look here to see what it's supposed to look like.

While you are at Comics.com, take a look at many of your other favorite strips, for a non-distorted view.

Anonymous said...

Ah. Makes me very pleased that I was smart enough a year or so ago to stop buying this rag!

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

ANDY CAPP IS PISSED TOO! Must be that WWTP Tilghman stigma.10 million TIF,19 million unsecured accounts,and nothing gets it right but SYBSNEWS,COM.

Anonymous said...

AMEN to all you said...that' exactly the reason you won't catch me paying one CENT for it...I'd rather read your website!!!

Anonymous said...

As a Gannett stockholder I'm very upset and disturbed. This cannot be considered or conceived as an improvement, can it? What kind of mistake have these fools made now?

Anonymous said...

Make the better mouse trap of course. They spend a fortune to put out what is worse that the crap they put out on the old equiptment.

Anonymous said...

2 days this week they had production problems as well
This paper stinks.